1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelle Obama and school lunches

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sacko DougK, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Can someone clarify for me where the First Lady has the power to define what school lunches should and should not be? Where is that power and authority define? Was she voted into that position? Was she vetted as a dietician/nutritionist? Where is here degree from and what is her degree in? How is it a person without any relevant experience and not properly vetted can have so much power over virtually ever school district nationwide and ultimately the children?

Can someone explain where she gets that authority? I'm being serious, I was involved in a discussion about this earlier tonight and I had no idea. I tried googling it, but nothing came up.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that she has no authority. However, she can suggest and considering the people in schools are overwhelmingly Dems, they follow the suggestions of the Messiah's main bitch.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Main bitch? Do you think brother Barack was able to keep his side bitches when he went to the White House? Inquiring minds want to know.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The brother has got a back door bish too.

5. Fonda Dix

Honestly, no. He does not seem to the type of have the moxie to have a side piece. He actually comes off as very unmanly to me.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The Thread of the Easily Annoyed....

7. turboderek

turboderek Well-Known Member

Now tell me how the "Just Say No" slogan that was created and championed by Nancy Reagan was different.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In one respect, they are essentially the same...they were ignored. The difference is Michelle is trying to force choice by setting policy about substances that are legal, Nancy's campaign encouraged the individual to make a "better" choice concerning policies on illegal substances that already existed.

9. Fonda Dix

I think her and the USDA have only issued guidelines, not set actual policy. Am I wrong? I cant find any proof of policy setting on the googles.

10. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

[​IMG]

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Haven't some systems tried to implement the guidelines? In terms of USDA, sometimes guidelines are not easily distinguished from regulation. Sure you can reject the guideline...now about those funds you wanted from us to subsidize those lunches we tricked you into providing....

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

He means beside all that. No difference at all, except for most of it.

13. Sacko DougK

14. Fonda Dix

Oh she has the power. The article spells that out well. However, she does not have the authority. That means she was able to do this with one of the strongest tools of all, influence. The USDA, who does have authority, has done exactly what she wanted.

Thanks for linking that article. I love unintended consequences stories.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

She needs to do some situps or something before she starts mandating nutrition standards. Frumpy and dumpy...

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I saw yesterday that VT. has banned brownies for school lunches. There was a quote from somebody " our kids like Kale ", yeah, right.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It manliness is measured by the amount of strange one gets, your recent post about you and your wife suggests that it takes one to know one. :D

18. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

[​IMG]

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I hear the lunchroom trashcans are full of nutritious food every day.
    Who thinks a program to feed kids food they won't eat makes sense?

20. Sacko DougK

Any bets on an Obama/Whole Foods connection somewhere?