1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin PR warmer temps/Chicken Hawk Warmers

Discussion in 'General' started by rogers1323, Oct 11, 2006.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Monte, what are the recommended tire warmer temps for the PR tires? Do the recommendations change based on PR 3/4/5 (compound)?

And for a more general question, who has the chicken hawk pro-line warmers? I have a set of the standard, but I'm thinking of upgrading and I'm considering both the Pole position (2 or 3 temp settings) and Pro-line (completely adjustable). Any experience with either or both? And back to Monte, will one work better with the PR tires than the other? Thanks for the help guys.

2. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

175 degrees for the Michelin PR series. This is straight from Dave at Chicken Hawk Racing. The thermostat on the Chicken Hawk Standards is set at 175 degrees. If you want to upgrade give me a ring, we can work out a nice deal on a set of Digitals

3. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

The Pro-Lines are nice. I run Pirelli so they work out perfect. Plug em' in at 135, turn em' up to 155 at 1st call of the race before mine. Very nice! I couldn't see spending the extra money to dial it in on the Digitals when the settings on the Pro-line were right were I would set them anyway. I think if you were going to do a bunch of testing and find out where tire temps run on track in different weather conditions, you may find the Digitals more appealing, but I just didn't want to be that dedicated. If you can find a killer deal on a used set, Go For It!
    If not check out the classifieds for a post a while back for a "racers only deal" best pricing I could find. Like $475 shipped for a set of Pro-Line.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

thought it was 150deg front - 180deg rear ? I have never ever had a front tire get to 175 deg after checking post session. usually 1 side is a bit hotter than the other depending on what track your at. Not that 25deg will kill the tire, but 175 front would be a bit toasty.

5. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Chicken Hawk Dave has told me those numbers are straight from Michelin. I am sure this is like everything else no one can ever seem to agree on.

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah on the 3 postion chickenhawks I had heard low on the PRC's and medium on the rears.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

heard the same.. 150+- on fronts, 180+- rears

8. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Ok, so there was some good info here, but I don't think that we ever got a solid answer about what the proper temps are. I've seen 150 front 180 rear, is that accurate? And what temps do you use just to keep them from heat cycling during the day?