1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Power One

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gorilla, Feb 4, 2009.

1. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

Thank you. The sounds about right, just wanted to make sure. Those are cold temps on the commerical? Let me check the budget and order a set.

2. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

Nope, PR-E died a quick death (but stuck all the way while the tread disappeared). So far 1847C is holding up the best. But I gotta try a Power One.

3. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

what is everyone running for hot off the track pressures on the Power Ones?

I am running the V front and an A rear.

4. minman26

minman26 Well-Known Member

Yes cold. Ha, i thought about this when i was going to bed that i forgot to mention cold.

5. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

33/35 front and 27/28 rear. Thats what I found works for me.
    you can not feel any different on the front from 33 to 35.
    if you have any chatter in the front you can run higher 36/37
    the rear so far is happy at 27 hot
    hope this helps

6. chkaotic

chkaotic Registered Loser

On my V front and B rear, I ran 31/22.. as per David's recommendation

7. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

is that off the track press. or cold press
    seems low for hot press.

8. chkaotic

chkaotic Registered Loser

Cold pressures.. the Michelin guys would not give out any hot pressure #'s..

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Michelin does not do HOT pressures...... We use cold as our base line.

10. minman26

minman26 Well-Known Member

Why is that? Wouldn't it make more sense? It would seem to me that the tire would perform best at a given hot psi and that faster riders would generate more heat and require a lower cold pressure to start... then again I don't know a whole lot!

11. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Less variables when comparing cold pressures to cold pressures.

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How is the A holding up for you? I've run the B the last two weekends and it looks great after 4 8 lap sprints, I'm going to try to get another 3 races on each set. But I'm curious if the A wears as fast the PR-3 did and how much more grip it has than the B.

As for hot vs cold pressures, I like that Michelin just uses cold because it's a pain in the ass trying to use both, if you change one the other is going to be off anyway, just pick hot or cold and keep it simple.

13. tk ftfw

tk ftfw PanartMedia

im a noob and im trying to understand the difference between the power one 2cts and the regular power ones.

i've been running dunlop 211 GP & bridgestone 003s and have interest in trying these but aren't sure which of these two new power ones are in the same class as the dunlops and bridgestones...

thanks in advance.

14. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

I like the 16.5 front. Able to trail brake like a motherfucking madman.
    I have not been able to do that with such stability ever before.

15. Inst Tech

Well here goes....I switched from Ntecs last race. I have come to a point in my life where I can't spend 480$ for a set of tires. I could do 5 races on Sunday on a set of Ntecs and thats why I bought them. The whole deal was to see if the P 1's could do it for 370.

I ran a full track day before last race on the V front and B rear. V turns in QUICK. I love it. Little bit more feel on the front compared to the Dunlop. Kinda reminded me of the Diablo front. The rear seemed to work well. I kept opening the throttle earlier and earlier and checking it.

At the end of the day the front looked like it was just scrubbed in. That was good because I've put over 100 laps on the ntec front and it still felt good. There was a chunk missing out of the rear bout 1/4 in round and kinda deep. I ask my rep if it was safe to run and he said yes. I did 2 more sessions next day on Sat practice. They still felt good but I noticed there were 6 or 7 more chunks instead of just one. They were all exactly the same distance apart. They were on the left side and the track I was at was mostly lefts.

Rep wasn't sure what happened and neither was I. My shock has been freshened up so no issues there. My suspension guy mentioned the pressure had to have been to high. I never checked hot and just started 30/22 cold and had also read hear on the board dont set up hot just use cold starting points. Thats why I had asked what everyone was running hot.

Tried the A rear cple weeks ago but only got 3 sessions in that day so couldnt try it out like I wanted.

Overall I am very happy with them as long as I dont see anymore chunks in the rear :D. I was running some quick laps on it and overall did 8 sessions on it so we'll se if it happens next round. I am happy with the switch and even happier I am going to have an extra 130 bucks extra each race weekend.
    :up:

16. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

do you have pictures of these "chunks"?

17. Inst Tech

No, they took the tire.

18. richiestires

richiestires Well-Known Member

Hi
    I'm Michelin's motorcycle drag race vendor an for us the

Michelin Power One street version works great i also have drag racers on the 180-55-17 race version "A"

I've been Michelin's drag race vendor for three years now an these tires is going to put Michelin on the map in motorcycle drag racing also.

Record to date on a Michelin Power One street version as i call them the SV 180-50-17.

Here is the time slip.

AN the bike is a 68 inch nos feed hayabusa...running 14psi cold ,but uses a chicken hawk rear warmer with a 176 temp in it.

I am so pumped that Michelin has made them tires.Should be an alsome year for Michelin in drag racing.

With the power race 190-50-17 "soft' Michelin won 4 championships in one series i do an 1 championship in another series i do.

Peace Richie
    from Richie's Tires

Attached Files:

19. Munch

Munch Well-Known Member

Can you flip Power Ones? I've got alot more wear on the right side than left...

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Who's your rep? shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'l walk you through the pressure issue. we had the same problem with the S1920 in 08 and solved it.