1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Power One

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gorilla, Feb 4, 2009.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Can't wait to try them in March on my SV superbike. The old V with less plies worked well in cooler temps. I'm guessing wth the Power Cups I'll use a VA front in March with a B cup rear???

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

A front, but may want an A rear too.. really depends on the track. Long, fast sweeping corners like JenningGP you need the B. Tire just gets too hot. "point/shoot" type tracks where your not on the side the tire for long go with the A even when a bit warmer.. This summer, even with temps over 85F at PBIR, i used an A rear on my 600. WOrked awesome. The corners there are only 2nd gear, and there is a 6/10th mile straight. Roebling? likely would use a B rear but hard to say on a less HP bike, A may work awesome. Talk with your tire guy!

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Last year, I used a Power One A 160 at Roebling in March. It did not last long. I now have a 5.5 rr rim so I'll be using the 180.

4. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they are easier to mount. Pirellis are super easy to mount, but if the michelins were cold or recently bundled from shipping they were a bitch to bead.