1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Pilot Power Ones Low rear PSI

Discussion in 'Tech' started by arcdeducati, May 29, 2010.

1. arcdeducati

arcdeducati Active Member

I find it odd that Michelins website says to run the 190 rear at 1,5 Bar (21 psi)? These are the regular road/track treaded compound, not a,b or c. Last weekend I ran F 28 R 27 on my 749. I came down from 29 28 after some wet laps and thought it felt even better on the dry. Anyone run these before and can suggest there psi? These are cold temps I'm talking about, didn't run warmers. Thanks.

2. F. Richard Head

F. Richard Head Davie's "Daddy"

All the race compound DOT Michelins I have run are in the 21-22 psi cold range over the years.

3. cbrcolin

cbrcolin Member

When I do the calculator for the non race version it comes up with 1.9 BAR or 27.557 PSI. The race verions A,B or C call for 1.5 BAR or 21.756 PSI.

www.michelinpowerone.com

4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I had some power races and thought they were terrible.

Until I dropped it down to 22psi.... and wala, magic tires.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

How about asking your trackside vendor? They would have the most current and accurate info for the specific tire your asking about. Most on this site will know alot about the race tires, but not as much about the "street/sport" tires. Yes, most all the race DOT tires for many years now (all PR and Power 1race tires at least) have been 30-31psi front/22psi rear (cold psi).

6. F. Richard Head

F. Richard Head Davie's "Daddy"

voila - don't worry... it's French, and you can't be expected to know that if you're still carrying your man card. I gave mine up long ago... *sigh*

7. cbrcolin

cbrcolin Member

I actually asked a track vendor and got the wrong info. They seemed confused about the tire I had and gave me the race tire pressures. The Power One Race tires that have a large A,B or C on them. The Power One street / trackday tires do not.

I would trust the info that comes directly from Michelin since they make the tires

Power One rear non race version 1.9 BAR or 27.6 PSI.
    The race rear verions A,B or C call for 1.5 BAR or 21.8 PSI.
    Power One front 2.1 BAR or 30.5 PSI

www.michelinpowerone.com

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  8. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

Who was the vendor?