1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men are no longer men

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Which is just the way the .gov wants it. Docile, quasi-effeminate and easy to control.

Probably doesn't help that all the shitty foods kids eat and all the drugs they put them on likely fuck their natural test production up too.

dylanes21 likes this.
  3. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I figured 10years ago as the rise of the metro sexual took hold, when a genuine male rolled up he'd have to do very little to differentiate himself from the imposters. I didnt count on lumberjack hipsters/fixie/baristas taking over. One day though.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I can believe it. A few weeks ago after a show a 16 year old was volunteered to help me carry the genset (eu3000) back to the van, his dad said he was on the high school wrestling team and strong. It was maybe 1/8th of a mile and downhill. We had to stop every 100 feet so he could rest or switch sides with me, after a few of these I says "dude, you are getting your ass kicked by a 50 year old fat man, what the hell?". "I'm just tired" he replied. Wow.

Lumberjacks :crackup: Want to hit those guys with an oil jug every time I see one.

mzarra and Fencer like this.
  5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Yeah,
    I carry the 3000eu around work a lot on my shoulder if a long distance or just out front waist high if only a few 100 ft

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

After some of the ridicule I've received over the years about the things I "make" Draik do, it dosent surprise me.

I am proud to go against the grain on this type subject though...at some point the world is going to need "do-ers" and those who only know how to pay and walk away will be at their mercy.

drgonzo, Fencer, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I can pick it up and put in the van and such but if I'm by myself and going more than a few feet it's going by way of wheels. :D

BigBird and R Acree like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Dear Gawd! What bathroom should I use now?!?!? :confused:

flygirl likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pick a tree, any tree.

flygirl, Fencer and fastfreddie like this.
  10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Can't, lumberjacks cut them all down.

11. I don't know what bothers me more, the skinny jeans and decline in physical attributes, or the mentally pussified, self-entitled candyasses just looking for something to be butthurt about.

CRA_Fizzer, Hawk518, Knotcher and 7 others like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Not those skinny jean wearing flannel clad engineer boot shod hipsters?

Chainsaws spew noxious exhaust, and using a buck saw would cause perspiration, which could cause his soft and supple hands slip from the saw handle, risking his manicure.

Nope. The trees remain. :p

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

To play Devil's Advocate a little bit here....

First off, totally agree on the article, as a whole. I also don't think it's a huge sweeping trend. I'm 39, not a millennial, and I train 3-4 days a week because... well, I'm 39 and not married and I need to keep my shit together. I also can't stand those tough-guy looking hipster lumberjacks with neck tattoos who don't know how to use a tire iron.

All that said, I see a LOT of people in the next generation sweating their asses off in Crossfit boxes (I don't endorse nor am I a fan of Crossfit) and my office is full of millennials who are pretty hard core about being fit. Obviously YMMV and perception is reality... I agree there is a serious pussification trajectory out there but I don't know if it's full-on panic time yet.

15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Pussification has nothing to do with people being out of shape. It has everything with mental fortitude and the thought of what's "beneath them"

It's great they are all crossfit champs, But won't or can't do actual physical labor.

Oh you can squat xx? Great. He's some shingles, run em up to the roof. Pull this tranny out while laying on the floor.
    Drywall, mud and paint the basement.

The service society has gotten to the point where the young generation believes that doing labor involves using an app to call a service guy.

Jeff McKinney, 5axis, cav115 and 5 others like this.
  16. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

That's actually a pretty solid observation. But it didn't start with them, it's led by the corporates as globalisation demands lower and lower costs to the point where, well everything, is outsourced. Keeping it out of dungeon, but for as long as that's economically and socially acceptable I can see the younger generation being totally fine with that approach to their lives as well.

17. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

We've had some new entry level hires at work. Management wanted to inject to life into the workforce and thought bringing on some recent grads would help. After observing these guys I've come to the conclusion that I won't ever be without a job. If we didn't have urinals at work they'd sit down to pee.

V5 Racer likes this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

These beeb threads about pussification of America crack me up considerinng probably more than half the cats on here make their living sitting behind a desk. :D

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Me and one of the guys on my team were sitting in O'hare yesterday discussing this while waiting for our flights. Just talking about the utter fuckups we've seen come and go and how even they didn't have that much trouble finding new jobs and how it instilled us both with a feeling of confidence that we'll probably NEVER have trouble finding employment :crackup:

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This.