1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mechanic wear? Red kap vs Dickies

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Apr 3, 2017.

1. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Current low rise jeans are clearly not designed for working on a bike. Looking at alternative pants and shorts. Any suggestions beyond Red Kap and Dickies??

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Low rise? Are they skinny too?......

Carpenter jeans with belt, tucked in t-shirt and uniform shirt over that. No crack allowed!

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Not necessarily in the biker relm, but I just renewed my contract with Cintas for our Maintenance staff. Cargo pants and matching uniform shirts. My electricians where Carhartt stuff because it's fire rated and they like it as well.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Carrhartt.

5. One of my customers gave me a pair of $250 salvage denim pants that his company makes. I haven't washed them in over a year, they fit awesome and I can't even make a dent in them. I wear them 5 days a week, 14 hours a day as work pants.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You wear the same pair of jean day after day and never wash them? How do you keep customers if you stink so bad.?

Dragginass likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I just realized what I smelled at your shop.

RichB, L8RSK8R, Ducti89 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Never washed them once. A proper pair of denim doesn't smell apparently. I didn't believe my customer (he owns a denim company, it sounded it insane to me) when he told me but after 1.5 years, they don't smell at all and they're just embedded with metal/whatever I'm working on. He wants to buy them back from me so he can do the first wash on them and use the "fade pattern" design for a line of pants. lol.

throwdown likes this.
  9. Why was your face that close to my pants? :crackup:

renegade17 likes this.
  10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Dude, they smell, you are just used to it. Rarely do I wear a pair of jeans, or any atricle of clothing, more than one day without washing it.

I now have the heebie geebies.... :Puke:

11. I edited it. Homeboy wants to buy them back from me after all this time so he can do the first wash on them.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude that sold them to you is delusional, there is nothing inherently smell resistant in denim :crackup:

13. Boman Forklift

Fortunately it wasn't:crackup:, I just thought I was smelling the cats from the former owner, or maybe some bad plumbing. :D Now I realize it was bad human plumbing.

14. socal

socal Well-Known Member

After 1 1/2 years of daily wear without a wash those pants must stand up by themselves...

Rebel635 and masshole like this.
  15. Haha, well they don't smell or I would have thrown them in the garbage. I don't even wash the shop shirts, I throw them straight in the trash because they never stop smelling like oil or fuel. Ya'll can argue all you want but I would never keep something that made me smell like a hobo.

16. Boman Forklift

Just so we are clear, we aren't arguing.....we are making fun of you!!!

Dragginass and t500racer like this.
  17. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

anyone try the stretch fabric pants from Dickies, Carhartt, etc? comfortable? do they hold up as well as the regular fabric?

18. Eh, what else is new? :dead:

Wait, I should make a post on Facebook now right? Fuck WERA! Fuck Mongo and CB and RL! Bunch Fucktards!

I'm the smelly kid. I'll get over it. :crackup:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't had them long enough to determine wear but so far the Duluth ballroom stuff is truly comfy and much nicer to move around in than normal cut jeans. Got one regular, one lightweight denim, and one of the Fire Hose material - which is much lighter weight than expected, should work pretty well for around here even in summer.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Those Fire Hose, are they really like the fabric covering fire hoses?
    How about sizing, did the fit match the numbers?