1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCL repair/revovery

Discussion in 'General' started by CR750, Jan 9, 2003.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I decided to go play hard on my dirt bike and trashed my MCL. I have had ACL repair before in the 80s (6 months in plaster before rehab). Is MCL repair as bad as ACL? I am in adequate physical condition, what sort of down time am I looking at? When I had ACL surgery they used a hamstring for the repair, now the practice is to use a patella tendon (unless you are a superstar B-Ball player then you get a cadaver ACL), is there something new which I should look into for the MCL repair? Thanks for the input. OH, Kaiser sucks I have to wait until Jan 28th before I even see a surgeon.

2. rm250

rm250 Well-Known Member

i think you will find that medical technology in this area has improved greatly since the 80's. i had acl reconstruction 1 year ago, i was in rehab 4 days after surgery. no plaster cast. within a week i was walking without crutches (gingerly). best bet is to make sure you get a good or great surgeon and be aggressive with your rehab.