1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masterbike 2009: and the results are...........

Discussion in 'General' started by ckruzel, Apr 21, 2009.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

that RSV4 is gonna rock. Chip at KWS is gonna build me a monster as soon as I get mine.

2. Stogie

Stogie Banned

Spies is riding the bike to it's full potential???? Get real, the thing is barely developed compared to Haga riding a bike Bayliss rode for 2 years and Biaggi is riding a bike that's been under development for a year or more.
    Ckruzel you d-bag! Is it really your intention to brag about the results of a test where a $10K more expensive bike finished a few tenths better than the rest in their scoring? Shouldn't it have won as resoundingly as it is ugly?

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

sure is ! next thing you'll say is that a photo finish isnt a win because its too close :rolleyes:

and lets compare pricing to the mv and the ducati and ktm, no 10,000 gap there! face facts dude whatever bike you were cheering for lost, time to throw away your pom poms

god i love the internet

as soon as its released we can go for a ride and i can show you that ugly tail section all day :beer:

4. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

I must say that when I'm spending my money for a track bike (street bikes are different, as none of them use their potential so purchase whatever floats your boat), I consider the cost difference. For example, if I need to layout ~$20k for a 1098 or the RSV-4, I then think what if I made a $20k GSX-r or R1? That's apples to apples to me - as in I spend a total of x dollars and I have bike y to ride.

Not to take anything away from the Aprilia - and I think it is cool and would love to own one! But when push comes to shove, the above comparison comes to my mind...

5. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

You're saying the Aprilia is ugly? I'm not a huge fan of the zany headlights but the profile and stance of that bike is beautiful, as is the sound.

How do you know whether the R1 or RSV4 has been through more thorough development? Yamaha has pretty gigantic R&D and I'm sure they didn't just drop it straight out of a CAD drawing into Spies lap without lots of track development.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yup same rumor I heard...which means not over $20k.

7. the blob

the blob Who am I?

No Buell???

I guess they are waiting for the 600cc shoot out:crackup::crackup::crackup:

and how about BMW, looks like they are staying true to form..... Just like they did with the boxer cup series. cant make a competative bike so just run your own race series that way you can always be on the podium!!

so by this being company modus operandi. we can expect a BMW only master series, testing black ones against red ones!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  8. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Well-Known Member

LMAO! Well put sir! I always see them on SPEED using their 'Cheater Bike' as I call it.

9. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

I don't know about Masterbike. Has anyone even done a "first ride" yet on the new beemer?

As far as WSBK I think the BMW is doing brilliantly, it's just been overshadowed by Biaggi and the Aprilia which are doing beyond brilliantly. Compare both to say... KTM who aren't even able to make the grade in stk1000. I Wonder if BMW would have accelerated/delayed the S1000RR 1 year in either direction if they knew what a machine the RSV4 would be. It's really stolen their thunder and made them pale in comparison.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. Stogie

Stogie Banned

Ckruzel, I care less about your bragging of skill than the Mastercrap results. BTW, what kind of lap times do you do at Barber?:crackhead:

Desmo, YES the Aprilia is ugly and the development info of the RACE bikes if public knowledge. Aprilia HAS been impressive compared to BMW but they have been working on it much longer. Do you watch WSBK??

11. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

you're biased, and its blinding you.

MCN tested the literbikes that did not include the RSV4. MCN also used a control tire for its test. The MCN test also had Kawasaki finishing 2nd. Ask around here how many would pick the ZX10r over the GSXR1000 for the race track and you'd get a lot of people on the suzuki. top that of with how magnificent Kawi does in WSBK, since you've brought it up, and you see the discrepancy.
    The Priller costs so much because its got a metric shit ton of stuff on it already, as in you dont need to go out and buy it after the fact. Its got the good forks like the 1198S does, its got the kick ass brakes, its got adjustable reasets, adjustable swingarm, and an adjustable engine for crispy sakes.
    Yes Honda developed a new ABS for its performance bikes, it costs more, like everything else, but its an available option none the less. And yes the R1 weighs 18lbs more than last year. dont know if they helped it out with lighter components elsewhere, but its a documented fact that it is.
    I see Spies is kicking ass on tracks hes never been to, on a bike thats under developed compared to the Ducati. But how is Sykes doing in comparison? You cant say that its not Spies, im sorry. Its not just tracks hes never riden, its a bike he's not ridden, its tires he's not ridden, and its with racers he's never competed against. If Ben was over there on a Honda, it would be on top of the box, if he was over there on the Suzuki it would be on top of the box, and if he was over there on the Duc it would be on top of the box (im leaving out the Kawi cause they kinda seem hopeless at times).
    Between the two, MCN and the Masterbike Challenge, i'd easly take the Masterbike results over MCN. And about the only other one that would matter would be if RRW did a shootout with the same bikes.

you're main argument, is that you dont agree with/
    1)the price difference between the Aprilia RSV4 and its Japanese counter parts
    2)the Masterbike results dont go with the R1/they dont mirror the MCN results
    3)the R1 is the best bike you've ever ridden (not specified race or street) so its gotta be the best

i mean for 1, look at the 999R. Sometimes excluded from shootouts because it cost like $30k. But they always went the next step down to the S and it was priced at about $20k. The more expensive bike has more stuff on it, like i said before. Had Yamaha threw in TC, and Ohlins forks and shocks, and adjustable this and that for the same $12k price, then yes there is right to be outraged as you are. But they dont.
    2- masterbike runs different than the MCN test. Bunch of former top tier racers and journalists on the bikes only the best times get into the final. not 1 guy riding each bike, because there are different strokes for different folks.
    3- is the most obvious to go with my last statement. The R1 is the best bike you've ever ridden. but best bike for what exactly? It certainly isnt the best bike around town. or to commute to work on for more than 20 miles. or to run a single track on. maybe the best track bike, but dunno I havent ridden one on the track.

12. manbearpig

manbearpig Well-Known Member

Rubbish. The only test that matters is the RRW literbike shootout... save the debate for when the R1 wins that :)

Some say the R1 is ugly as sin but flat black with some akra pipes:beer:

13. ckruzel

:crackhead:

i can care even less about your tempertantrum and name calling its absolutely hilarious to see someone get upset over stuff posted on a forum

the timeline is available on both bikes, both have no test data from the racetracks but the aprilia has proven to be better and a faster developement team

it won masterbike, if you got off on calling me a d-bag i'm happy to provide that little bit of excitement in your life, you wont get me upset

some peoples favorite has to win, some peoples has to loose,

but in reality none of those bikes are bad at all

14. ckruzel

Official times

1 - Aprilia RSV-4 1.45.367
    2 - Suzuki GSX-R 1000 1.46.500
    3 - Honda CBR 1000 RR ABS 1.46.866
    4 - KTM RC8 R 1190 1.46.966
    5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R 1.47.067
    6 - MV Augusta F4 1078 1.47.234
    7 - Ducati 1198 S DTC 1.47.234
    8 - Yamaha YZF R1 1.47.733

scoring

1 - Aprilia 9.3
    2 - Suzuki 9.2
    3 - Honda 9.1
    4 - Ducati 9.1
    5 - Kawasaki 8.9
    6 - KTM 8.9
    7 - Yamaha 8.9
    8 - MV 8.8

15. Stogie

Stogie Banned

Nice spin! You forgot to list those Barber times. Someone check those Assen Suprepole times for me! What's that? Spies and Sykes faster than Biaggi? It must be the rider!