1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martina Navratilova dropped by LGBT group

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Feb 20, 2019.

1. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

She’s absolutely right though. These people are nuts. It’s like the movie stonehearst asylum where the crazy people swapped roles with the doctors. This is now the democrat party, they gave the crazies a platform and they stole it. Now the normal dems few in numbers must grasp the party back or start voting republican

XFBO likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And still, they aren't getting it.

“We all know the outcome of the race before it even starts; it’s demoralizing,” said Soule. “I fully support and am happy for these athletes for being true to themselves. They should have the right to express themselves in school, but athletics have always had extra rules to keep the competition fair.”

When you buy the bullshit you buy all the bullshit.
    Or she could stop buying bullshit.

jrsamples and G 97 like this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

She seems to be correct. In academics there generally are not separate categories for male and female, so all fine there. It is sad they don't really have a good place to compete, but a women's competition is not the place for them. They could try to compete up with the men, but if they are on hormone treatments, that really isn't fair to them either.

No really good answers here except try to find a different sport where things are closer to equal and complete with the men.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Or just simply stop the madness and not base things on ones feelings but you know, on science and biology.
    If you have xx chromosomes you compete as a female.
    If you have XY chromosomes you compete as a dude. Period.

You can identify as anything you like but that doesn’t mean I’m going to agree with it or be subjected to it willingly. Biology be damned. LOL.

StaccatoFan and Banditracer like this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am just saying it sucks for them if they are taking hormone treatments they will be at a disadvantage competing against the males and an advantage against females. It sucks but that is how it is. If they want to compete bad enough, they should give up the treatments and complete against men or keep the treatments and try to do the same.

It isn't fair, but sometimes life isn't fair.

SGVRider likes this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I generally agree, except that there are cases where the chromosomes don’t quite map to the physical gender at birth. I’d amend the statement to say: you compete as the gender you were when you entered puberty. I don’t have a problem with female to male entering competition as males, as males have the athletic advantage. Males competing as females is bullshit though. It’s not just testosterone that makes the difference, there are many physical advantages men have that don’t have anything to do with the extant level of testosterone in the body.

Leftos aren’t really pro woman. They’re pro victim de jeur of the day everyone else be damned.

Glad to see this lady had the cojones to double down on what she said and not apologize.

G 97 likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I only know of males being born with an extra X chromosomes XXY. But they are still male.
    In some cases babies are born with both sex organs but are still XY or XX. I think 4 per 10,000 births.

In the end chromosomes determine everything. Genetics are genetics. They aren’t fluid or determined by choice after the fact.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Say what? :confused::D

Fonda Dix, jrsamples and auminer like this.
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It doesn't suck...they made the choice to take hormone treatments and they need to be aware of the consequences. Don't like the result? Don't do the drugs! Simple.

11. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should just train harder. I think someone said that.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's why they call it today... two-day. Sound it out.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

14. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I identify as a multi billionaire. Send me my money.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am not studied/smart/intelligent enough to reconcile the ideology/gymnastic here.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I can't lie, there's a part of me that's getting a real kick out of all this nonsense. Mostly because of the whole chickens coming home to roost aspect of it...and worse because this doesn't negatively impact male sports in the least. There isn't a single female to male transitioning athlete that's going to do shit against actual biological male athletes. This 100% only negatively impacts female athletes.

The more this proliferates the more the backlash will result from it and I'm just gonna be over like....

[​IMG]