1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making America Great

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, don't remember what kind of Olds it was but it was a 60 something basic box six cylinder as a second ride to the Gran Torino so Mom had a car while dad worked his second job - and at the time they had one car, both worked full time gigs, they just scheduled it to take one car.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Oh and of course the newest dynamics of 2 moms or 2 dads for parents and the whole subset of individuality issues like needing a 3rd non gender specific restroom... I get a kick out of them typically being labeled "family". :D

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

just saw a sign on someones RV that said "GO PLAY OUTSIDE!!!"...lol. Hadnt heard that command since the 70s. :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We had cable, probably by HS, but it was simply better reception for the major networks and a few UHF stations. I remember the first time I saw boobs on HBO at a friends house. It was an epiphany.

Prior to that we stayed outside most of the time.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So after you saw boobs you stayed in the house looking for more. :D

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Seeing boobs changes everything.
    Forever.

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It actually seems a decent area to raise a family. I love LA but it’s just too expensive. Don’t know what kind of work there is in Fresno though.

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That’s entirely true. I took his statement as hyperbole designed to illustrate how low a wage that really is. As a starting salary for teachers in big cities it might work, but if they’re still making that much after a few years they will definitely leave the profession.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nope...I spent more time at my friends's house. He had HBO, we didn't.:D

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The issue I have with more is on many fronts. First check any new school building built. They are all WAY to fancy, there is a crap ton of misspent money. How about the teachers union, sorry but if they want to be professionals they need to stand on merit. Number of administrators, enough said. Political correct bullshit indoctrination rather than real skills. Pension, this is not limited to teachers. I believe ALL public employees should be a 401 like retirement which prevents politicians from buying votes with tomorrow's money. Performance, sorry I know and have met a lot of teachers and the number that I considered clever or smart let's just say I could count them on one hand and have enough fingers left for the shocker. I could go on but this will likely get me enough e-hate from the teachers....ooops educators....

Nope cannot resist and just about everyone I ever met pisses about salary yet it was a known going in for the most part. AND the number that quit for that reason that I have met was a grand total of one (taught basic electricity and was a EE, left to an engineering job)