1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making a dirt track

Discussion in 'General' started by walt415, Aug 5, 2019.

1. walt415

walt415 Active Member

Dear Beeb,

Has anyone considered making their own dirt track? I did a quick search of the beeb and did not come up with anything.

How much land would I need, and what would it cost? I live in northern New Jersey.

What sayeth the beeb?

Best,
    Walt

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Moto X track, flat track, dirt drags? My buddy had a small flat track in his back yard, rides XR1oos on it. He started out just riding his bike around on the grass till he felt like he had a comfortable size layout, then he used a Bobcat to cut the grass out. It's shaped like a paper clip, probably 200' long, maybe 600' per lap. He did add a chicane to one of the straights, to add a little excitement. He also lit it up for night racing. Found a bunch of Kawasaki Racing hay bale covers for some extra protection in a run off area.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

For what purpose?
    What kind of soil is there?

I would buy some plastic barrels, invite a few buddies over on XR100’s and pray for rain.

6. Walter Hong

Walter Hong New Member

Hey thanks guys.

I was actually thinking of buying land for this, and putting a dirt track on it, but that's as far as I've gotten.

I'll do some more research and let you know if I come up with anything.

7. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Before you spend any money check out the Zoning and talk to the Zoning officials. Noise and dust could be problems.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Personal or public use?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Either way make sure you have good homeowners and I'd add in a mill or more of personal liability insurance to boot. It's actually pretty cheap.

10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dirt Diggler AKA Robby McBobby to the front desk please.

Sabre699 likes this.