1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main witness in George Zimmerman murder case lied

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Mar 6, 2013.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm in shock and disbelief. It was all over the national media when his wife lied about their finances. Yet the star witness for the prosecution lied and I can't manage to find anything on msnbc or cnn.

And of course there's still a case to be had. After all, the mob demands it. He's a racist murderer after all!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once they get her to admit she lied about hearing the whole thing it'll be news. Her lying about her age (statutory rape maybe?) and being the hospital isn't news.

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I agree.

It's gonna be good fodder for the defense attorney though... "well, you lied about your age. What else have you lied about? Are you lying now?"

For the life of me, I can't fathom why the attorney is saying that he's going to skip the stand your ground immunity hearing and proceed directly to trial. Hope he paid his premium for his malpractice insurance this year.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah absolutely, it'll be a huge deal in court.

The SYG stuff is confusing the hell out of me too. Leaving an out for an appeal maybe?

6. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Stand your ground is if you can retreat and don't. Zimmerman can't even use that....

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That is what I was wondering. Would an attorney set up the trial for a potential appeal based upon incompetent legal cousel?

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

It usually not done intentionally. :D

9. Dits

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-seek-stand-your-ground-hearing-in-april?lite

Ok, this article makes it sound like it's Zimmerman who wants the trial disposition, not necessarily O'Mara. The only thing I can figure is that he wants it disposed of by a trial rather than some perceived "technicality" like an immunity hearing.

This, of course, is stupid. Not only is it gambling with your life, it's an inaccurate assumption. A stand your ground grant of immunity is a judicial decree saying "You acted in lawful self defense. There is no question about it. You are free to go."

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The judge (according to the article) told the defense attorney that they wouldn't put off the main trial to hold the two week SYG hearing. It sounds like the defense attorney decided that he needs those two weeks to prepare for the main case instead.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Defense also waived their right to a pre-trial hearing relating to Florida's "Stand your ground law" which could have led to the entire trial being dismissed. One thing hasn't changed is the media still showing Tayvon as a 10 year old little boy.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

But would losing that hearing make a slam sunk case for the prosecution on the trial?

13. Dits

Nah. That case is well worked at this point.

Believe me, the judge will do everything she can to accomodate everyone's schedule, including her own. This case isn't one to take in a flipant manner, and Debra Nelson is a very reasonable person.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Summary dismissal doesn't sell books or put you on a national speaking tour.

I suspect their intentions aren't so altruistic as wanting a jury-decided case setting precedence.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't think it matters where she was as much as she lied about it under oath. Normal lies aren't a big deal, perjury makes her a crap witness.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I am curious, since his story is that they lack time to prepare for his defense and do the hearing could that provide an opportunity to appeal based on the law if he were to be convicted? It would sure make me nervous if I was Zimmerman.

18. Dits

Where are you guys getting this insufficient time thing from?

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

They don't have time to read all the posts and links...

:D

20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Agree. I was intrigued until I read what she lied about....and then yawned.