1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main witness in George Zimmerman murder case lied

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Mar 6, 2013.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:crackup::clap::clap::crackup:

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I saw it in either a Drudge link or USA today on my iPad though I cannot find it now. It was saying that his attorney was claiming lack of time for both to the judge who the article named. The whole process seams less than legit to me to be honest.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Read down below the part about her lying:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ess-8-medical-records-20130305,0,129597.story

What Zimmerman most wants is to be tried by a jury of his peers, O'Mara said, and with fewer than 100 days until trial, "There's only time for one hearing, and that's a jury trial. … We have precious little time."

Not explicit but close and I was just wondering as the concept seemed strange. Given your sharkness I thought you might have some insight.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I realize that by the time the two are struggling, it becomes a case of self-defense, but wouldn't the SYG defense apply to the events prior to the actual confrontation?
    Considering the stalking accusations, I would think that would be important, but I'm not familiar with the actual law, or any case law that might exist.

Also, can the legitimacy of the charges be brought up in trial? Must it be a separate hearing? (Just speaking about the SYG law and if it applies here?)

If Zimmerman owns chickens, can they be impelled to testify against him?
    (That's just a hypothetical question.)

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Chickens can not be forced to testify against their owner. :up:

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

At home chilling on the porch with a glass or ten of wine. I'll copy and paste the syg statute tomorrow and we can go through it. It really is an intersting piece of self defense legislation.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

In the Lincoln Lawyer it was really bad for the prosecution to put a known liar on the witness stand. :D

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

:crackup:

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The dungeon. Otherwise known as the Real-time Law Library.

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Where the dungeon dwellers never have to pay a billable hour for their inquiries. But, some unsuspecting sap in Florida might have to...

:D

11. In Your Corner

Dit's is probably crafty enough to ensure that his free advice/opinions are worth what he got paid for them. No pro boner is he.

12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

13. hrc_nick_11

14. hrc_nick_11

15. In Your Corner

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know how these people can live with themselves - all of them. The lawyers, the parents, the girlfriends, the prosecutors, and the media are all complicate in immeasurable acts of violence due to the racial and anti-police strife raised by this lie. Between this bullshit and the Ferguson nonsense, two blatant lies have changed our country for the worse forever.