1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA at NJMP - pointers for going in an RV

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Feb 6, 2016.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I just did it two years ago, NOT bad at all getting in and parking. I got their Saturday late morning.

I'm about 99% certain this is accurate. IIRC, I wasn't given the option to drive to the paddock but I thought that was 'possibly' due to my arrival on Saturday, might be a good question to ask NJMP before booking IF you can arrive on Friday.

Bolded portion of quote NOT true at all. Spectator RV parking is along the entire front straight (OPPOSITE of the tower/motel/garages). My only real beef is it's all dirt, some gravel on the road which makes for real dusty conditions, especially if there are a lot of people buzzing the area on scooters,bikes,etc...and NO electric or anything else to hook up. Can't imagine genny use is any problems, I used my inboard unit with no complaints.

He DID nail the having to hump it part when you wanna go stroll the paddock area. I brought my mtb and kids bike which made getting around a bit nicer.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Pay for the VIP parking, it allows access to the paddock to park. Friend of mine went to spectate and brought in an RV. Not sure what the camping fees will be, but I should think you'd be able to do it. When I was there last September there was plenty of parking in the infield. The onsite VIP suites have a 4 night minimum stay during that event, and the price is jacked up to an unrealistic $185/night.
    I see no problem running a genny, but when you pay for camping electric should be included in the fee. I also don't think a smoker should be a a problem, Todd has used his there at N2 events. But yeah, no campfires. But I see folks using propane grills all the time. Not sure if the MA events have additional restrictions.

3. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

All right, my friends who brought an rv in last year didn't actually spend the night there. So, I got nuthin'.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

All I can add is that NJMP seems to change their practices regularly.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Forgot about that. In an effort to save face, is watching a straightaway really what we're after when going to a road race event? :p

Full disclosure, I have not been to a big event there so I have no personal experience with the amount of spectator attendance or the spaces open to RVs. If they can park their RVs inside the track, it seems to me that's the way to go.

XFBO likes this.