1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA at NJMP - pointers for going in an RV

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Feb 6, 2016.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Looking at taking the boy to his first race. The April 30th round at NJMP works well with schedules. Can anyone lend some help?

So, looking at heading down Friday (have to work Thursday)... NJMP website says I can't get on the grounds until 7pm the day before my multi-day ticket lets me in. So, if I just get tix for Sat/Sun, I can't get in before 7pm Friday. Couple questions....

Should I work out my schedule to get there Thursday? I'm thinking if I wait until Friday to get there, the prime RV spots will be filled up and I'll be stuck in a bad spot.

Can I pay for a Fri/Sat/Sun pass and get there anytime I want from 7pm Thursday to Friday? Thinking I may opt for the 3 day pass and get there early Friday, like noonish if this scenario works.

Where do I want to try and park the rig?

They say no campfires, which is fine... but I want to bring the smoker (propane fueled) and do ribs, pulled pork, or whatev... legal? (anyone who assists in this quest for knowledge is welcome to partake in said meat samplings. Must recite the passphrase "Dogs barking. Can't fly without umbrella" and you have to kick me in the nuts.)

I know I can pay for electric. Can I bring a generator? (Yes it's quiet... Yam4500ie)

That... that's it. For now.

2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I have nothing to add other than, I wish I could go to recite your passphrase and kick you in the junk. :D

Gorilla George and John29 like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

What if I said "umbrellas barking.cant fly without dogs" ? Can I still get grub?:D I know NJ says no fires or grills,but all this past summer guys were grilling and stuff no issue from what I gathererd,but it was gas grills so that may be why it was fine. RV stuff.....ehhh Im a sleep in the cab of the pickup guy so cant help you there.

4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've had a good smack to the biscuits... I'm due.

5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

You'd be the one with the smack to the berries! But yeah, Id feed ya...

Thanks... the rest helps also too, as well!

6. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I would say try to work your schedule so you can leave Thursday otherwise you run the risk of not getting a good spot.

7. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

There are no bad spots at NJMP.
    It's wide open.
    Your camping and electric is included with your first race fee.
    Gas grills are not a problem.
    Just get there before the green flag waves and your fine.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think he's just spectating and not Racing.

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Correct... going to watch the Motoamerica round at NJMP. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah,we were originally racing that weekend,but got knocked out when MA scheduled it afterwards.Meh.....bigger money I guesso_O

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'd forego the headaches associated with your plan. MA weekends are a parking nightmare, particularly, getting in. Also, it's my understanding that non-competitor's RVs are not allowed in the paddock area during major events, meaning, you'll not have a track view...and you're gonna have to hump it.

Do this. Drive your car, and either get a NJMP VIP suite(low-rent, over-priced motel room) or stay at a local hotel. For this event, I'd suffer the VIP suite...make reservations early, like, as soon as you figure out what you're gonna do.
    Buy tickets for MotoAmerica Championship of New Jersey - 3 Day Ticket (Fri/Sat/Sun) at New Jersey Motorsports Park from Etix
    Pay attention to the important parts of that deal...
    Complimentary VIP Paddock Parking. Designated Quick Access Gate Entrance.

12. tawzx12r

Oh... my Bad :confused:

Still lots of Spectator camping spots in the pit area for MA. Electric too.

At least there was last year...

Just reserve in advance...

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

14. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

No sweat, I wasn't overtly clear.

Thanks!

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Rent an RV. You won't feel as bad when it gets stolen. :D

TLR67 likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Unless your a racer or on a Team you won't be able to get in until Friday AM....

pjzocc likes this.
  17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's contradictory to what NJMP has in their website, so definitely a point to follow up on.

18. fastfreddie

They don't exactly follow the book there.

I related the parking fiasco as it was related to me. Glad I didn't go that w/e cuz they didn't have the VIP package at a reasonable rate and entry/park times were in the 45-90 minute range.
    Don't wait until the end of the season when prices skyrocket. $70 is half the price of general admission for last year's finale and they charge ya for parking.

19. tawzx12r

Lets remember it was raining at NJMP last year on move in day. Yes, I too sat for a while waiting to get in.... But I did so at VIR as well.

It's a busy time, people everywhere wanting the same thing. It's a race.... just not to get in and park...lol.

Just get in line...open a beer...and start the party...

TLR67 likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

"Here, son. Your first beer."

Perfect. He's gonna love goin' to races. :D

TLR67 likes this.