1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Rocco makes sense
    2nd rider Yates? - remember hearing CU on Trackdaz YouTube interview, thought he referred to a riders dad, I guessed it was Aaron? no names were named

both of these young racers belong in the series, hoping for the best!

2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I just remembered hearing Fong say M4 wanted him to ride for free and that is why he left that team.

The Great One likes this.
  3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

He destroyed a ton of shit. Don't blame m4

4. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Rocco turning down a fully paid superbike ride but I guess you never know.

MrGooch and Nathey like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Yup, thats what i took from it as well!
    That was last year

6. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Motoamerica HAVE to have Rocco. He is the future. The series is supposed to be about guys like him. Also, what happened to some of the other rumours? A former twins champ etc?

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you mean Kaleb then I think that's just not announced yet.
    Otherwise if there have been rumors and it doesn't turn out to be true then this year is just like all years and it comes down to money.

8. henry_carlson

He is on the entry list for stock 1000 on a bmw. Orange cat racing team

koth442 likes this.
  9. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Elias 5'3 126 lbs , I remember when him and Pedrosa came thru on the 250's they were raising hell cause they were so small :D

10. henry_carlson

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Do they make a wss300 approved power up kit for the new model 390? I know there was some controversy in 2021 over the KTM because some Jr Cup teams tried to purchase a KTM 390 with the power up kit but they were not available, their claim being Tyler Scott was using unobtanium equipment.

12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The last 2 years have been so challenging to get many things, I wondered how the MA rules reconcile with supply chain issues. If I can't get something for 4+ months and you are using it, I think that makes it illegal. Maybe someone would have to protest on that basis to exercise that part of the rules... Or maybe I don't understand the intricacies of the availability rules for homologated parts.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So you're saying Robem won't give you any rods? :crackup::Poke:

14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Man, my engine is factory fresh and race worn. My 90hp doesn’t need those fancy rods.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The new Budweiser spokesperson has a rod he doesn't need.

prm and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Pre-negotiated (and contracted) order and delivery batch deadlines. Order ABC part by X date, and it's guaranteed to cost Y dollars and be delivered to you by Z date. There are a few different order periods throughout the year, so if you miss one by a week, you become part of the next order batch. For example, for my ZX-6 we ordered the Graves cams. I think we had to have the order in by January something (crew chief would know the details) and we received the cams about a week before the D200.

If the supplier misses these deadlines, or fails to supply parts for all MA-licensed orders, then theoretically there would be heavy penalties for the supplier. I'm not privy to that part of the contract.

Shenanigans and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

lol we also received our cams 1 week prior to D2oo.
    Talk about cutting it tight !!! o_O

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how much and where on the power range are you guys seeing gains with the graves cams on the zx6?

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

no kidding, bit annoying tbh. literally no time for tuning, considering the travel time to Daytona.

never got mine installed, we were gonna do it after Q1 but I destroyed my bike in FP heh. supposedly they're around 5-7hp on the top end though, pretty decent gain. But, there are better cams out there, especially for the price, if you're building a club bike. These are just the MA-approved ones.

rafa likes this.