1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS tractors the good the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'General' started by John Branch, Nov 20, 2019.

1. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Anyone on here have one? Was wanting to know what problems you have had ? If any? I have had my 4041 for almost 8 years and almost 500hours . Just broke it for the first time.:blart:

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I looked into them a little bit, but I want a hydro and from what i looked at they really didnt offer it unless i missed it. My dad has a LX4100 Yanmar which is about the size I want and the capability. Would be nice to have a cab though, maybe in the future. Yanmar made JD (compact) tractors for quite a while, so i know they are pretty good.

3. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Bought a 4150HC about a year ago. Only have about 80 hours on it so far but love it. The first time I mowed I must have hit an in ground yellow jacket nest as my cab was instantly surrounded by yellow jackets hitting the glass. I realized right then the $3k extra for the cab was the best $$$$ ever spent! My defrost setting on my climate control doesn't work. Need to get it back to the dealer and have them take a look. Still under warranty so.... What broke on yours?

4. John Branch

John Branch 90125

It is four wheel drive. And the right front knuckle housing where it bolts to the front main axle housing . 5 bolts that hold it together sheared off . And then from that it broke one of the hydraulic rams for the steering, and another bracket that the ram attaches too. And bent the center linko_O

5. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Wow damn.