1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loudon Motorsports Robbed!

Discussion in 'General' started by 13x, Mar 25, 2002.

1. 13x

13x 13x.com

Loudon Motorsports (of WERA Endurance fame) was broken into over the weekend. Dean Middleton asked me to post the details:

===============
    Just a quick moment of your time please ladies and gents. Late Sunday night/ early Monday morning some theiving bastards broke into the shop i work at, Loudoun Motorsports in Leesburg, VA. and with the aid of a stolen Penske 24' truck (which was stolen from behind us) made off with the following
    2x Suzuki RM125 2002 Motocross bikes, new and unassembled (they left the assy. bags)
    1x New Honda TRX500 ATV
    1x New Honda TRX400EX (sport model) ATV
    1x 2001 Honda CBR929RR Erion Racing sport bike (missing muffler, new rear tire)
    1x 1993 Honda CBR900RR sport bike with broken tinted windscreen
    1x 1997 Suzuki DR650 white/ purple enduro
    1x Suzuki RM125 2002, new and prepped
    and possibly more once we study the camera footage some more.
    If you need more info or have any info feel free to call us at the shop
    703-777-1652 or
    800-441-BIKE
    Thanks
    Dean Middleton
    ===============

Customer bikes (in for repair) were also taken. Rumor has it that this has happened to other dealers in the area.

Greg, the owner of Loudon, is a great guy who puts a lot back into this sport. Please give them a call if you hear anything.

Jim
    AoD

2. melissa

melissa Sir

That sounds like a similar M.O. to a recent break-in at Battley Cycles/Rockville Harley-Davidson in Gaithursburg, MD. They stole a carpet van from up the street, threw a brick through the plate glass window, and made off with a bunch of dirtbikes. I'm not sure what all else they got, although as far as I know, no customer bikes were stolen. This happened a couple of months ago, and I think they were broken into twice in two weeks.

3. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

4. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

[​IMG] Sorry to hear of this!! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by MR-MICROPHONE1 (edited 03-26-2002).]

5. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

This sucks! Loudoun is good people. They have the worst luck; last year it was a fire. (Arson) Now this! I hope they catch the rat bastards that did it!

Why couldn't this have happened to a shitty shop like Coleman Poseursport/Powersplortch or whatever the hell they're called?

6. (to the tune of Green Acres...)

Mid-Atlantic is the place to be....

City livin', that's the life for me...

I don't even have to lock my doors on my house or vehicles where I live, in lovely Woodstock, GA. Couldn't live with the constant threat of theft/personal assault.

Y'all are welcome here!!!

7. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Uh, Max, what was that address again? [​IMG]

------------------
    O==~~
    Mr. Microphone

8. RacerGirl435

RacerGirl435 Guest

What's your address Max? [​IMG] All kidding aside, this really sucks. I've been the victim of motorcycle thieving bastards myself, so I know what it feels like. I hope they find whoever did it and all the stuff they took.

Jess

9. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Just when you thought they've had enough...

We had an individual walk up and, brazenly, jump on a bike that we were warming up for a customer and drive off with it. This happened on Saturday, while I was racing at Savannah. It is a 2000 GSXR750, blue and white. This guy was very, very lucky that I was not there.

Myrtle Beach Bikefest is only a month and some away, so the hooligans will be out in force. This is the time of year when most bikes get stolen, particularly in the Southeast. So batten down the hatches. If you catch one in the act, hold him for me...

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Again, death penalty is the answer...

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sorry Max, I will politely decline your offer.

[​IMG]

Others might even be invited to use his pool! :)

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by YamahaRick (edited 03-26-2002).]

12. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

i'm willing to auction Max's address to the highest bidder!

[This message has been edited by kasey ray (edited 03-26-2002).]

13. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

weird you should post this....in the last week and half... the esact same thing( van crashing through door, load it and run) happened to clinton cycles in clinton md just outside andrews afb..... i wonder if they are connected.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn it Rick, How did you get pictures of my mother neighbors' homestead? You're not invited to their world renowned Pennsylvania Possum eatin feast and spring regatta! Goot Goooo! [​IMG]

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That realy sucks Clinton Cycles is good people

16. Crazy444

Crazy444 DiveBomber

Damn this pisses me off! If you catch one of these bastards, put a bike on a stand - start it up - drop it into gear - and slowly FEED there hands to the chain and sprocket. Now steal again! Everyone keep an eye out for on-line autions. [​IMG]