1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I didnt have a long extension cord. Plus it was shut down come Saturday night.

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It boils down to no consideration for others around you. And I agree during the day not such a big deal. Well unless you can't hear the PA for your calls. Then that is a big deal. Cut the spark plug wire

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. roy826ex

This was totally at night way past on track activities. If you walked out at 2 or 3 am in the morning that thing was all you heard.

4. grasshopper

If he was up at 2am with a motorcycle in 50 thousand pieces I could understand. Other than that the spark plug wire was begging to get cut.

5. roy826ex

I was the only one up

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cut a spark plug wire and you won't be racing WERA again. I don't give a shit what your reasoning is, you do not destroy other racers property.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, it's at nite that pisses me off. I don't understand how the owners of the things can sleep either. Don't they hear the friggen noise ?

8. grasshopper

LOL!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No funny and not joking. People do stupid shit and that stupid won't be tolerated any more than messing with a bike would.

10. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Thank you for saying this! Some of us don't have $4,000 to spend on a Honda or Yamaha generator.

S.bryant.H400 and VFR#52 like this.
  11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Whos asking you to spend 4k?? A champion 2200 inverter generator can be had for $500. What? You cant afford an extra $150 to not be an asshole? I mean, youre racing motorcycles, its ALL discretionary spending. Youre not gonna starve if you cant go.

Again, entitled and self-centered.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And calling someone with a loud genset at a racetrack an asshole is totally cool?

I'm seeing a lot more self centered attitude from those bitching about the noise...

13. nhammond54

That won't run everything I have. I have a Champion 4000 and it is not really loud. But yeah I don't have that kind of money to spend on the Honda or the Yamaha.

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. nhammond54

Thank you again!! that proves my point.

vrod4hire and VFR#52 like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

They're deaf from all the noise :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've had a LAG when what's all we could afford to run the trailer for the AC for the officials, running computers and charging radios at night. Had some douchebags keep turning it off at Summit once - it was next to our trailer and behind a crapload of trees so nowhere near anyone else. Was great having to stop things to get batteries to people the next day. I had no problem sleeping with it running either....

S.bryant.H400 and VFR#52 like this.
  17. grasshopper

I would never vandalize anyone's belongings. Cut a spark plug wire on a loud generator? Yes I've thought about it but never have. I had a loud coleman generator and you could hear that thing from a mile away. I'd put a piece of plywood on the side of it and run 100 foot extension cord. Always tried to put it somewhere it would not bother folks. Never ran it at night though. Well maybe once when I had a catastrophe and there was some serious open heart surgery motorcycle work to be done. I own one of those champion generators now. Not as quiet as the honda but pretty quiet compared to other generators. But if I was put in the right situation like the person who started this thread I might go over and turn the damn thing off.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Riiiiight....

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

We had a really loud generator at one time and when Jennings first opened we had to use it because they didn't have any power in the pits yet. There were some high piles of sand/mulch over towards the back of the paddock toward the back road and we setup our generator behind that to no bother anyone. Well someone decided they wanted to pit next to our generator and then complained to us and wanted us to move it. Now mind you, the place wasn't crowded at all and why they wanted to pit in that spot was beyond me. I told them to find another place to pit. Had it been crowded and that was the only place to pit we would have moved it.

20. roy826ex

Reviving this thread because this guy is a complete failure! We are here at Talladega this weekend. It's been pleasant Thursday night, Friday night and Mr Loud Ass generator showed up for Saturday night. This things so loud I would categorize it loud during the day with the track hot and bikes circulating.

He's all comfy or dead up in his box trailer right now. I don't know but I know one thing this is contractor model loud and at one speed, WFO. My iPhone decimal app pegged at 100 db 10' from this beast. Either way no one and I mean NO will sleep on this end of the paddock tonight.

Damn I hate sleeping in ear plugs and racing in them all day too. We are 200' from this beast and we can barely talk normal in our toy hauler.

This is the pos and hopefully it runs out of gas before sun up and he's passed out (how I don't know but stranger things do happen) and doesn't refill it and we can all somehow get maybe an hou of sleep.

Say hello to Mr Loud Ass Generator :mad: don't be this guy. And yes I put the two garbage cans there to try and tone it down to no avail.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017