1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my little buddy

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Dec 18, 2010.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to read of your loss. RIP Brandywell.

David

2. Sorry to hear that Rick. Sounds like you gave her a great life and for that you should be very happy in this tough time.

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Rick,
    I am so sorry brother.
    The way you write about her, tells me, that you loved her and gave her a wonderful life. I don't doubt that she was an extremely happy and content doggy.

Godspeed to her...
    -Erik-

4. rolandk

rolandk Warm-up lap winner

RIP Brandywell. I just went through the same thing with my dog a few months ago, its rough.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Rick, so sorry for your loss. Anyone who's gone through it knows what you're dealing with.

Put my Rott down a couple years ago. Still sucks.

RIP

6. SpeedyE

I am sorry to hear this too. Losing any member of the family is tragic, no matter how big or small.....it hurts just the same.
    I am so sorry for your little one.
    -Erik-

7. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. May she RIP. A year and a half ago my 19 year old (heinz 57 mix) lost her battle with time. They really are your children (with fur). Getting teary eyed thinking about those happy days full of fun & laughter. Don't dwell on the sadness. Think of the happy days you shared. : )

8. charles

charles The Transporter

I coudn't think of any better words than this. I know how it feels, many times over...our furry friends are like stars shining ever so brightly, but only for a short while...sorry for your loss. Remember her always.

Charles

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

She was and her housemate Matt still is a vegetarian for the most part, because the wife and I are for the most part. Matt suffers from otitis if we feed him much meat, so they got special food. She never got much fat except at Thanksgiving, and ten years ago or so, she got pancreatitis on Thanksgiving from too many treats and was hospitalized, given an IV and they saved her life, thankfully. This time, it was extremely acute, the vet said it was 50/50 at best that they could save her, and she was really suffering. She couldn't stand, she was panting constantly, and if you touched her belly, she would cry out. Her enzymes for both pancreas and kidneys were completely off the scale. I have two friends who are vets, and they both agreed we made the right decision.

By the way, thanks to everyone for their support. Worst off is my wife, because Brandywell worshipped the ground she walked on and followed her everywhere. She's having a hard time with it now. We'll get through it, maybe another dog will wander into our lives soon as all of our pets have.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Sorry, man.

11. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

RIP Brandywell...

My sincere condolences to you and your fam

12. Chip

Chip Registered

Sorry buddy....

13. livebikes

livebikes Banned

So sorry about your loss. I faced a similar decision a couple of years ago with my 18 year old cat. Without a doubt, the right thing to do at the time, but also the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

My sig on another forum thanks him for sharing his life with me. I know you feel the same about Brandywell. RIP lil girl... :(

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your pup. My family dog just died after 14 years, too. We got him as a pup when I was a kid. It's a good, long run for a dog but it doesn't stop you from missing them.

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:( Sorry Rick.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

sorry to hear this news.

Lucky for you, she gave you 14 wonderful years and shared you passion of motorcycles!!

17. TunerB

TunerB Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

18. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

19. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I had a Rottweiler that had to be put down years ago, named Raven, who was the most wonderful dog I'd ever had. It broke my heart in a way my words cannot accurately convey. The Veterinarian that put her down, (with me holding her in my arms) could see how upset I was, and a few days later sent me a copy of the following poem. I know it's a bit hokey and all, but it summarized how I felt about her and how I hope God will deal with all of us when we die. I hope you may find some solace in the following poem.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

20. SpeedyE

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I just welled up for a minute.... :up: