1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my best friend today .

Discussion in 'General' started by Sideshow, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Pharaoh R . I . P 9-9- 2013

Jessica and I wanted a dog in the year of 2004 . Our land lord would not allow a dog over 30 lbs. I dislike small dogs so it's either get a small one or none at all. After a few days of research I narrowed it down to min pins. After some more research I decided on a male runt. Info I found was they are the most caring and obedient . Found a 7 week runt puppy and quickly drove to N.C to buy him . I was in disbelief at his size. Barely bigger then a lighter. So small he went to work with me in my shirt pocket till he was a year old .

Pharaoh is the first pet I have ever owned that has taken my heart fully. Potty trained in under a week. never chews or bites anything he shouldn't . Leash trained in about an hour. Command trained with ease. This dog seemed to live to make me happy .

I have always had antisocial issues. If I'm in public I'm fine , but once I'm home it's hard to get me to leave the house. Pharaoh helped me with these issues . Instead of being depressed when I'm at home I'm happy because my buddy won't let me ignore him.

This was daddy's dog. When I come home everyday he greets me and isn't content till he can sit in my lap. He waits for me at the bathroom or in the kitchen . He was brought home to be the family dog , but he wasn't interested in anyone other then me.

I didn't want to be there when he drifted away. Jessica took him to the vet this morning. When she called with the bad news I broke down. I had her come pick me up since I can't drive. Pharaoh has been there for every moment I needed him so as hard it is I had to repay my best friend by being there for his last moments. The doctor let me hold him while everything was going on and let me stay holding him till I was ready to leave.

I have never cried this much nor felt sooo much pain like this in my entire life. I have had some bad times between losing close friends and family , but I lost a huge chunk of my heart today .

I will always love you Pharaoh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He always love standing in stance.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. You can tell by the pics you sure loved your buddy:up:

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a good little guy.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

RIP Pharaoh. :(

7. RIP Pharaoh. :(

One of my best friends has one that looks just like him. Such cool dogs.

Man threads like this tear me up. I honestly don't know if i could handle it if something was to happen to Caesar.

So sorry for your loss.

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Sorry. RIP.:(

Ride safe,
    AAron

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sorry to hear about Pharaoh.

10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

11. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

RIP little one.....:(

12. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Never is easy......RIP

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

I was also reluctant about small dogs, but we have rescued 2 in the past couple years, and none of my concerns, mostly driven by small dog myths, arose ......they are great dogs.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  14. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Awww, sorry for your loss. I was the same way when my buddy had to be put down. Still not ready to get another dog just yet....

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm sorry :( I lost my little buddy almost 6 years ago and I still have a huge chunk of my heart missing.

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss. I am sure he was comforted by your being there with him. I think about losing my pets frequently and while it doesn't get any easier I know that I did the best thing for them which is what matters most.

17. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Very sorry for you.

18. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss...:( RIP

19. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.:(

20. TexasRob

TexasRob Active Member

Very sorry for your loss.