1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losail, Qatar | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Marc's best top speed during the race was 350 kph

Dovi's was 346

Jorge's was 338

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was hoping that was just a glitch with my recording. You're the only person that's mentioned it in here so maybe it was isolated to us that DVR'd it?

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that.

Dovi's fastest lap was the last one, his penultimate lap as fast as his 3rd lap, and 99JL felt he had the pace at the end sans helmet issue.

Why would we think Rossi's front tire would have been any worse than those 2 had he went with the medium? Perhaps the "tire selection" genius was simply in knowing something was quite right with the front of the bike and going with the hard tire set-up.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  4. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Is this your first time watching on Fox Sports? This crap has been happening since day 1. It has to be on purpose with as long as they've been pulling that crap.

Just get yourself the vidpass and be done with it. You won't regret it no matter how cheap you are.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I assume they have a quota for commercial time. They try to fit them in when they can, when there's not much going on (like pre and post race). If the race is a good one, I think sometimes they get to the end and are like "oh shit, we still have 9 minutes of commercials we have to cram in here, but we only have 11 minutes of programming left!"

This is un-excusable for a tape delay race though. That's just being too lazy or cheap to re-edit and stick the commercials in when nothing's going on (or even better, stop playback during the commercials so we can see the whole race).

6. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Yeah I may do the pass. I can probably cut the cable bill down and pay for it that way

7. :stupid:

His front tire choice was most likely about having more stability under heavy braking, and just liking the feel of the tire better, rather than for more durability.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe not.

Dovi had very little grip at the end. So, maybe durability played a role after all.

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

That theory was discussed quite a bit in the broadcast I watched, as it's also been reported elsewhere that he prefers the feel of it due to his braking tendencies.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I did not implied that Rossi's front tire would have been any worse than. Generally speaking, the harder compound have a stronger life. That is all.

Yes, Dovi went faster. Which shows what Dovi was trying to win. Some had suggested he was not as hungry or trying as hard. He did his best to respond to Rossi. And, could not.

There may be other reasons for Rossi tire choice. But durability at minimum would have been an end result that accompanied the other possible reasons for the choice.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

all last year MM93 more times than not chose the harder option..maybe others have caught on too and adjusted their bike to suit the longer lasting tires

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

What did the mid race lap times look like for MM vs VR?

13. rhouck

rhouck wat?

14. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I just re-watched the race. I was amazed that MM made the mid-pack guys, who are all world class riders, look like average trackday guys as he passed them! Incredible! And Rossi, what can you say? Crazy that he was able to close the gap he had early in the race.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

No, it happened to those of us watching it last night too. My wife only normally hears me swear at the TV like that when I'm watching soccer.

16. Yep. Their pace was very similar, but Rossi's was a little bit faster. After the first lap, Marc was two seconds behind Vale, and at the end of the race he was seven seconds behind him. Traffic probably played a part in that, but Rossi's fastest lap of the race was also a bit (.4) quicker than Marc's.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Let's not forger Marc was fighting through traffic and moved up like 15 places, which would make his lap times a wee bit longer.

18. Like I said, "traffic probably played a part in that.":Poke::D

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

And probably completely destroyed his tires doing so.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

the press conference interviews post race were actually quite funny!