1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Los Angeles peeps - free car show 4/16 - 4/17

Discussion in 'General' started by Gehr, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

This one is an annual Mopar enthusiast get together. Lots of very rare muscle cars make it out to this one, usually 2 or 3 Superbirds, usually a few Hemi 'Cuda's, lots of hot rodded Valiants & Darts with a few convertible Challengers thrown in the mix.

Where? Woodley Park, Van Nuys - in the middle of the San Fernando Valley
    Cost? Free
    Tips? Bring a camera & stuff to drink - get there earlier if you go on Sunday as most of the cars start rolling out at of there at around 2PM
    Link? Spring Fling

Got lots of photos of this event posted on Photobucket, may just slam a few in this thread to get some interest brewin'

:beer:

2. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

WSMC and CVMA racing plus long beach champ car/lemans plus coachella music fest...although i do have a 90s mopar to unload and needs parts to steal my pops 73 340 Duster.

3. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

OK, time for some pictures from past Woodley Park Mopar Shows:

How about an AAR 'Cuda?

[​IMG]

And a Superbird

[​IMG]

Nice Challenger, with a 440 & it is a 4 speed car!

[​IMG]

And a Ramcharger

[​IMG]

And a Hemi 'Cuda convertible

[​IMG]

I'll probably hang out there on Saturday for a few hours...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks very cool. If I was closer I'd bust out Dad's Charger :D

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

i have a Mopar car show everytime i go into the garage.....

Hemi Charger R/T, 440 Coronet, 66 Satellite unrestored drag car and a 68 Dart project................

Attached Files:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can I borrow the motor and trans out of the Coronet? The 318 3 on the tree is a wee bit slow :D

7. Wingnut

If you weren't so far away, I have a complete driveline, suspension, brakes out of a 68 Charger, Date coded HP 440 bone stock, 727 trans, dana 60 rear, all the hoses, fuel lines, trannie lines, radiator, power steering A/C unit, the K frame, Eeeeevvvvveeeerryyyytttthhhiiinnngggg!!!!!!!!!!

I gutted a Charger to build a pro-touring/roadracer. I kept everything in decent condition should I ever need it for something else. It's all sitting here in a storage unit in Maricopa County AZ........:D

Seriously If you need anything PM me.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need to pull the car cover off and get the headlights and a/c working properly and some other stuff before I consider a new motor/trans but I appreciate it :D FWIW it's a 66. Still need to pull the console out too and see how hard it would be to switch to a 4spd or auto. Really don't want to have to cut a hole in the floor.

9. Wingnut

So it's a 66 Charger with a 3 spd manual on the column? Does it have the full legnth center console and bucket seats front and rear?
    FYI there is a company that makes an electric replacement for the headlight vacuum openers. I was just at the Mopars at the Strip show and bought a set. A little pricey at $420 a pair.
    You can always PM or email to [email protected] for Mopar questions.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, 66 with the full console, 3 on the tree and a 318 poly, factory air which is evidently really rare on the base motor/trans combo (Texas car).

I think the motors for the lights just need to be gone through, they weren't installed when Dad bought it and I haven't even tested them yet so there is a small chance they're actually good. Luckily the dash lights work since they're truly cool. It's already a killer shape driver, interior has been redone and is immaculate. I just want more power of course since it is technically a muscle car :D

11. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

a 66'?
    Will have to keep an eye out for one this weekend & take a few pics
    Had a 72' Challenger, 340 4-speed car which I spent an incredible amount of time & money restoring - almost done with it when I had a nasty accident & totalled it back in the mid 90's. :(
    No more auto restorations for me - the L.A. basin isn't really conducive to keeping a rare car in nice condition &/or in your own possession without massive hassles.