1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to hire a rider coach for Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, May 2, 2011.

1. Tell him I got him covered :up:

Excellent choice with Stokes. Great guy and will definitely be great help. I got a 12 pack for you too if you let the Stokes-isms run downhill my way. :D

2. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

Unless I get some suspension on my bike I'm sure that you will be able to get another tow.

I'm impressed that you could come up with an insult for someone as awesome as I am. :up:

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Stokes is a great coach. He's done some really great work with Ryan Haddock this season!!

4. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Worked with Brian Stokes for the Barber WERA weekend and was impressed. Brian communicates well, rides smooth and is easy to work with.

My goals for the weekend were to go faster than I had before and learn to reach that speed without being all out of shape to do it. The previous personal best was a 35.2 and during Sunday practice I reached a best time of 33.5 with a ton of 34's done Friday through Sunday. With the feedback I received from Stokes I was able to do this easier than the previous best for sure.

I was happy to see an immediate result considering the fact I have some bad habits he pointed out that I am working to correct now. That is a bit of a process and over time I expect I can improve more by working on those areas further.

End of the day I was so impressed I am bringing him up to Mid Ohio in early June to work with me for another 2 days.

My goals for the season are to run 4 rounds of the AMA Supersport, qualify for each one and acheive a reasonable finish. Myself I think the time and money invested in working with Stokes is a good investment.

For any of you out there looking to take your racing/track skills to a higher level I would recommend looking into the Disalvo Speed Academy that Stokes is partnered up with. One of my business partners and fellow Wera Senior Superbike Racer Eric Johnston watched me work with Brian over the weekend, went home after Barber and signed up for the Speed Academy preceeding the Wera Tally Weekend in June to get ready to race that weekend.

Just wanted to take a minute to share the experience.

Brian Van

5. Did he change your tires? LOL

I thought number 1 in the original post was funny. Not many riding coaches are gonna change your tires too. Cool that he was able to help you though.

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Brian is a good guy and a great coach. No doubt.

7. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

No tire changing needed for the Wera round or practice. I do still need to figure something out as far as a wrench for the AMA round at Barber. Not sure I want to do all of the bike stuff myself and we are too damn busy to pull any staffers from the shop to do it.

If Brian were available for the AMA Round I would hire him in a second.

8. djteknics

djteknics Active Member

Glad Stokes helped you out. Great guy.