1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy track bikes. Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Tai Phan, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Tai Phan

Tai Phan Member

Hello,

Looking to buy my first track-prepped bike. Budget is around $2000-$2500 . I've only had 1 track day under belt so far, so no sense throwing $5k+ on a bike that I won't even utilize to full potential.

More interested in these models:
    - SV 650 / SV 1000
    - Ninja 250 / 300
    - R3
    - CBR 250 / 300

Located in Fairfax, VA. Phone number is 703-470-0183. Email [email protected].

I've searched all around on this forum but it seems like most bikes are race-prepped and priced around the $3-4 range or above. Just want to say that I've looked and not just being lazy and posted a wanted-to-buy thread.

Appreciate you guys for looking.

2. Cobalt Coupe

Cobalt Coupe Well-Known Member

Tai Phan likes this.
  3. Tai Phan

Tai Phan Member

It does, with the exception that OP never replied back to most people in that thread more than once lol. Emailed him - got response 2 weeks later - emailed back him back right away - haven't heard back.

4. Cobalt Coupe

Well, that always sucks.......................... and BTW, for what it's worth, I ride in Advanced group and just made the switch from a 2012 R1 to a 2005 SV 650 midway thru this past season and other than a set of tires, a slip on and rearset brackets for cornering clearance it's 100% stock. So if you are just getting started any of those bikes you listed are more than capable with not much more than a good set of tires. If you can find a pretty stock bike on the cheap now that its mid November and spend the money you might save on track days and practice practice practice.

Of course if you can find a nicely setup bike from the get go, you'll be time and money ahead when you start going faster.

[​IMG]

5. Cobalt Coupe

My wife is considering selling her really nice 2013 Ninja 300, but I'm in NE IL, so a pretty good road trip for you.....................

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  6. Tai Phan

Tai Phan Member

Thanks for advice. Yeah i figured getting a track prepped bike would save me money but you’re right about getting more practice with stock. Haha yes that would be quite a road trip from me. How much is she hinking to sell it for?

7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We have an 08+ Ninja 250, very well setup as our back-up/rain bike, going with 2 R3's for next year.
    Has one day control riding by Kcraget and 2 races only with my kid.
    Full tyga exhaust with a china can, shock,forks done, koso dash, sato rearsets, levers, gearing etc.
    2500 firm, we are 2 hours from you.
    or 3K with new spare wheels complete and new Dunlop rains
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/j2HkNe8SZf9ZbAwE2
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/EMLvd1ES7TRaLJry2

8. Tai Phan

Tai Phan Member

Pm'd

9. Cobalt Coupe

She's really not ready to part with it yet, still has fun riding it at track days, and she wants to hang on to it until she's more comfy on her SV 650.

Look into the lil Ninja Speedwerks has, sounds like a well setup machine, and its close to home for you...................and BTW, I've ridden my wifes 300 a few times on track, they are a TON of fun, cheap to run, and you will learn a lot while you are at it.

10. Tim Dino

Tim Dino Active Member

11. Tai Phan

Tai Phan Member