1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for some land to lease

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxercurt, Dec 1, 2016.

1. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Myself and a couple co-workers are Looking for some land to lease for hunting in 2017. Any of you guys have land, or family/friends with land that would be willing to lease? Mainly looking for land in KY, MO, IL, KS, OH, TN small tracts or big. We will carry liability insurance and pay cash. The land will be used strictly for hunting. You don't have to worry about ATVs destroying your land or guys partying. We are all extremely respectful and considerate to all the land owners and land we lease. I also would like to add we're not wanting somewhere to go and simply kill every deer or animal on the property. It's going to be managed for mature, trophy class game. It would be nice to have the option to lease for at least 3 consecutive years but we are open to every option. If land owner would prefer archery only that would be fine as well. Let me know what you've got!

You can contact me @
    Curtis Murray
    515-664-9513
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

2. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You may want to throw IN in the mix. We have 3 100+ acre farms that we have hunted for years. One of which is a tree farm whi has always produced well. Never paid a dime to hunt them either but we usually give them choice cut out of one of the does.

Out of state licenses aren't terribly expensive either.

gixxercurt likes this.
  4. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Ive been looking for ky,In,or Ohio myself.

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Good luck. Some of the land around where I hunt in KY is bringing $20/acre. Expect more than that in IL, KS, and maybe southern Ohio.

gixxercurt likes this.
  6. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

what game you hunting for? give me a call.

gixxercurt likes this.
  7. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I have been looking at buying a small tract, under 100 acres in IN or IL. But dam at $2500 low end and regularly seeing $4000 per acre I am getting discouraged. I have considered leasing but do not have any experience and wonder the pitfalls. Biggest one I hear is you lease for $10 an acre and some assclown comes in behind you the next year and steals the lease at $15 per acre. I was spoiled in Maine, most land with timber is $1000-$1200 per acre and selective cut is between $300-$700. I don't know of anyone up that way that leases, seems to be more of a southern/midwest thing.

gixxercurt likes this.
  8. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

You can always go with a hunting club. There are a few in GA that go for Trophy buck for a reasonable price.... check the boards.

gixxercurt likes this.
  9. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Not sure if my grandpa is still leasing out land to hunters, but he's got some in Chesterville by Mid-Ohio. Amish turf with lots of nice people. I'll call him today and see.

gixxercurt likes this.
  10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

If you're looking at buying land in the Midwest and it has tillable land on it, then expect the price to be even higher. And of course, land that is rotated with corn, soybean, and wheat will be the best hunting properties. I have some friends that lease farms all over the Midwest, and the biggest issue is always trespassers. Most of the locals will know if its out of state guys hunting/leasing it and unless you have someone close that will monitor it for you, then guess what....yep, trespassers all over it. And its next to impossible to do anything with you being states away. I'd only want a lease in another state if I knew someone that could watch it/farm it all the time.

gixxercurt likes this.
  11. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Yea I did leave it out and shouldn't have. They grow some studs!

12. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

In the past we've gave somebody permission to hunt in trade for watching over it

13. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

That would be awesome! I really appreciate it!

14. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Most of the clubs I've looked at I don't agree with their rules (mostly the lack of). The main one is not being strick enough with age and antler restrictions. I'll do some more looking but really want just a select few I know I can trust to judge deer properly.

15. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Looking for whitetail and turkey, mainly whitetail. I'll give you a shout tomorrow! Thanks Bill!

16. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

It's crazy for sure. Cheaper than buying 2 or three hunts a year though

17. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

If you want to come South, I have acreage that never gets used. Small 40 acres surrounded by several larger tracks. I am supposed to get it in the divorce, if it ever finalizes. I just let friends go out and hunt if they want. I have seen as many as 25 turkuy at once, bobcat, fox, 12pt deer and to date, no hogs. There is literally nothing around me. 2 houses out on a front road. probably the closest for 500 acres or better depending on the direction you head.

Hell, someone should get some use from it, I just pay taxes and let the the flora grow.....

Come make a MX track....

gixxercurt likes this.
  19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Saw a billboard the other day....

Land for sale out in New Mexico. 20 acres for $9000, or zero down and $99 a month.

No clue what animals would be on it. I didn't see any.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No animals other than rattlesnakes nothing growing other than rocks :D

gixxercurt, Shenanigans and dtalbott like this.