1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LONDON - We are not afraid

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by MarkB, Jul 12, 2005.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Re: LONON - We are not afraid

Cool site, :up:

;)

3. MarkB

:D yeah - but I do worry about some of them...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Fuzzy317

I really like that last one. :up:

5. MarkB

HA !! Even Buddy Christ is on OUR side......
    [​IMG]

Yeah -that London Bus one is one of the best

6. Fuzzy317

I like this one. :)

[​IMG]

This one made me laugh

[​IMG]

I don't have the words for this one, laughing too much :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sounds like less bravado and more common sense are in order.

I've been reading a very interesting book, Islam and Terrorism by Mark A. Gabriel. I've never bought this "Islam is the religion of peace" bullshit I hear from all the bleading hearts, but until I starting reading this book, I really had no clue as to how bad things really are. Read it, it will make your blood run cold.

They want nothing more than for people to believe that Islam is not a threat. I've mentioned several times that I felt that the "peaceful" Muslims were missing the boat when they spoke out against negative public opinion concerning Islam, but not against the terrorist's activities. This book explains why, and not from the blinders-on perspective of a Westerner, but from an Islamic scholar who really understands what is going on.

Read it, it may open your eyes. For those of you who are too PC to see, I am reminded of what Lenin said, "The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them.", just a variation more akin to " The unquestioning politically-correct progressives will not open their eyes wide until we plunge the knife into their backs".

8. MarkB

That article was misleading. It merely says that the French are not the villans we like to think they are. And it also says that London attracts radical Muslims because the UK is soft.

It contrasts the UK (that alows ethnic clothes in schools) with France that tried to ban headscarfs for Islamic girls in schools:

"What lies behind these contrary responses? The British have seemingly lost interest in their heritage while the French hold on to theirs; even as the British ban fox hunting, the French ban hijabs. The former embraced multiculturalism, the latter retain a pride in their historic culture. This contrast in matters of identity makes Great Britain the Western country most vulnerable to the ravages of radical Islam, whereas France, for all its political failings, has retained a sense of self that may yet see it through. "

My reading of this is:
    FRANCE is increasingly under threat of losing its French culture. This is why they have passed laws that ensure radio stations play a minimum quota of FRENCH LANGUAGE pop music per day (even though it is crap) - consequently, the radio stations play English language all day and cram the French crap into the small hours of the morning. France also regulary protest against McDonalds and globalisation, because of their fear of losing their indentity. Banning Islamic headscarves is another example.

The BRITISH are a multi-cultural melting-pot. London is much like New York City in this respect. So of course radical Muslims will be attracted to London, where they can mix freely. The same freedoms that UK citizens enjoy are also our biggest weakness. The British are not required (unlike many EC countries) to carry ID card. The British live free, and are not so paranoid about losing thier "culture" and identity, that they PASS LAWS TO PROTECT THEM.
    Britian is self-assured in its diverse identity - France is not.

:D And I wrote all that myself, instead of finding someone elses article to link to.....

Anyway, I dont see it as Bravado - that implies the feelings they express are in some way false.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Your paper needs to get its facts straight. The French law it's referring to bans any visible religious signs in public school. A catholic kid can't dangle a "bling" cross off his neck either. It has to be small enough to be concealed inside his shirt. It's not a muslim-headscarf law. At least not on paper.

But it is true that muslim religious leaders have been deported for speeches that would be protected under british law. The french media have been using the term "Londonistan" a lot this past week.

10. mrussell

mrussell Staff

Isn't Mark Gabriel a Muslim who converted to Christianity?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Their fear of globalization is about economics and unemployment, not culture. They want to protect their 35-hour work week and economy-choking social benefits.

That said, they are indeed deathly afraid of seeing an erosion of the french language. They used to have a requirement (not sure if it was a law) that only french words be used on tv. :D Not sure what happend to it.

12. MarkB

In my simplistic mind:
    The FRENCH create protectionist laws out of paranoia and fear of all things non-French. A bi-product of this is a seemingly hard-line approach to radical Muslims.

The BRITISH are concerned with upholding ideals of freedom and free-speech. They are not paranoid over losing their culture, and are quite liberal and permissive to other cultures. A bi-product of this is a seemingly weak approach to radical Muslims.

If the cost of being idealogically free is a few killed by crappy bus-bombs, then I'll take it. Hence the "not afraid" bravado.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I couldn't agree more.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yes, he is.

I'm not fooled by the reasons behind French protectionism, it's not like it's something new, and God knows enough of it goes on in Canada which, if you have noticed, is pretty close to NH.
    But that article was hardly written by an idiot.

And you're also all ignoring one of the points I was making, no matter the reasons or justifications, countries like England and the US are too sophisticated to recognize and resist the wolves among the sheep.
    Even if it's for the wrong reasons, the French aren't being as blind. It may be their only saving grace.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In my opinion, Paris is just as vulnerable to terrorism as London. France is just lower on the fuckers' priority list, that's all.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Maybe they realize that blowin' up french stough won't upset all that many folks???

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If an object of terrorism is to reduce the targets will to retaliate, I understand France being lower on the list :D

18. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

"The British have seemingly lost interest in their heritage while the French hold on to theirs; even as the British ban fox hunting, the French ban hijabs. The former embraced multiculturalism, the latter retain a pride in their historic culture. This contrast in matters of identity makes Great Britain the Western country most vulnerable..."

So the British do not "retain a pride in their historic culture?" And if they did, that would preclude any form of multi-culturalism?

Is this what white power now sounds like in the age of political correctness?? :D :D :D

19. tcasby

tcasby Banned

The object of Islamic terrorism is to force the target to retaliate. The larger the conflict, the more powerful the enemy, the greater the power and prestige terrorist leaders command, and the closer the world comes (in the radical Islamists eyes) to the great battle between Islam and the infidels.

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

So, what is your recommendation on ending this?

Keep turning the other cheek until they run out of suicide bombers?

NOTE: THIS IS IN NO WAY INFERRING ANYTHING ABOUT TCASBY. I JUST WANT HIS OPINION ON ENDING THE CONFLICT.