1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading a bike in mini van.

Discussion in 'General' started by Repeater, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Astro Van. Two bikes will will fit easily. Best budget racebike hauler every. Cheap parts, easy to work on.

SnacktimeKC and precipitous like this.
  2. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Yep, definitely Astro. Have had two of them, best bet is 2003-2005 with the larger and 4-wheel disc brakes, 16" wheels. At the most, if you have a tall windscreen you have to lean the bike over a little while loading.

3. An old buddy of mine, Alex Dydula, used to ride his bike up a 2x10 board into his pickup. When the bike got on the bed the rear tire would spit the board off the tailgate. Took balls, and awesome throttle control.

I never had the balls to try anything like that. I used two ramps, and walked the bike up.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I rode a ZX-9R (the mid-90s, heaviest kind) into the back of a U-Haul truck once. Once.

Scariest thing I ever did on a motorcycle.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ridin' up the ramp on a dirty bike can be fun...not so much with a sportbike.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

This

I have a Metris and absolutely love it. I can fit three motorcycles in it if I really want to!

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

modern stow & go type mini van (2007+) can handle a sportbike IF you remove the wind screen (all size bubbles!!)
    Roughly 46" or so through the back.
    If you roll in through the side door... alot easier. 52''+.