1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live scoring in pits courtesty WERA and AOD

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by aod99, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You get that from me at Nashville. I'll get everything set up hoepfully Thursday in the tower. We'll be a little pressed for time with nop practice day but hopefully I'll be able to get anyone that needs the program into the tower and I'll install it and verify it's all working.

2. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Re: Re: Live scoring in pits courtesty WERA and AOD

Sorry, I didn't see this until today.

The Linksys stuff is good but I am hoping this one gets a little more range...
    FriendlyNET AeroLAN AL1511 - Network adapter - PC Card - 802.11b - 11 Mbps

3. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Will the "cheap" setup still be available? I purchased a wireless reciever off of ebay in hopes of having live scoring in the pits. Can anyone that has tried this give me some tips? What size TV would work best with this? I have a 13" that I was planning on bringing.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, I plan on having the TV transmitter stuff up as well.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

We used a 13" in the AMA pits before but a bigger tv is of course better. The biggest problem is usually glare from the sun although that doesn't look like it will be a problem at Nashville. ;)

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Someone explain how the 'cheap tv' thingy works please?
    and will it be availabl for the cycle jam?
    tia.

7. Casket Crew Racing

Casket Crew Racing Nosferatu

So how did the Wireless networking do at Nashville?

just bought a card for Vir.

8. JGarvin1

JGarvin1 Active Member

not bad , there is still some flaws. I just took my card back and got the USB style cause it has a antenna and a 5 foot cord so you can place it on top of you EZ up

9. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

This is the part where you say thanks for nothing...

You'll have to ask Mongo if he's gonna have it setup at VIR, but it's basically a transmitter from the WERA trailer and you'll need a receiver that plugs into a TV. He can give you all the technical details.

10. Trickle X

Trickle X Instagram-regalmetalworks

Buck, I have a "CHeap TV THingy" that you can use for the endurance if you like. Just supply the tv...& your set....if Sean broadcasts.

Just let me know...

how it werks iz..... 2.4Ghz receiver that plugs into your tv.(just like your dvd player) Set tv to video input...select the channel on the receiver that WERA iz broadcasting on & viola....instants results. The bigger the tv the better to view it. a 13" is a lil too small & everything gets blurry. I used a 21" & it was readable, but the WIreless LAN shiznit is the way to go......it will be like looking at you computer monitor....

Last edited: May 20, 2003
  11. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

As far as I could tell, it didn't do well, but hoping that it will at VIR. Maybe Garvin has the ticket with that antenna idear.

12. gregford61

gregford61 Well-Known Member

Mongo: I have the laptop and the USB thingy but no software. I guess I can get that at the track but I have no floppy drive. Is your stuff on CD or is there another way?

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You can download it at the track...he's got the CD. :)

14. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Yep, I got from him at VIR. Make sure you pit close to the antenna. I don't think it should be a problem at Tally.

15. gregford61

Probably won't be as much fun knowing where we are running.:D

16. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

LOL. You can just keep sending Suff over and make him run up and down the stairs. :D I know he loved doing that at VIR.

17. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Ah, he loves it. Gives him something to do instead of worrying and pacing when he's not on the bike....:D

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

No kidding... he's a nervous little shit. :D

19. gregford61

Now we can't get him out in front of the lap top. Refresh Refresh Refresh.:Poke:

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

LMAO. I'm sure that doesn't burn as much energy as running stairs.