Little weekend project

Discussion in 'General' started by noeyes, Nov 10, 2019.

1. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I still have ever helmet I've ridden in since I was 15 and always wanted a way to diplay them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Looks good.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I like it except all mine are pretty well crashed or otherwise all scratched up!

track wagon likes this.
  4. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Lol exactly what I thought when I saw this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Right, third from top has some Road Atlanta dirt embedded in the shell. My favorite one.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nice, I like it. I need to do something similar with mine

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I like to display my crashed ones as well. Gives it a little more history or whatever.

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I like it!

How about you tell us how you made it and what is required?

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got 2 that I crashed in on the track and a pair of really rashed up gloves on a " crash shelf " in the shop to show people why the need to dress properly. Has helped me convince a few cruiser guys to buy a full face instead of an open face or a beanie.

10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Very nice... post the parts you used to fab that.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats alot of Shoei!! You should email them...

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking Well-Known Member

Looks like 10 Ts (reducing from 3/4" to 1/2", if I can eyeball it correctly) and 10 90* 1/2" fittings. Other than that, just some 3/4" and 1/2" PVC should get it done (not sure how the OP is attaching the stand to the ceiling but that's a pretty easy nut to crack).

13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Looks like pressure. Appears to have a twist cap at the end that can let some additional PVC out to make it tight between the ceiling and floor. Think shower curtain rod.

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I made table with my old ones

Attached Files:

Shocker, Dan Dubeau, Phl218 and 5 others like this.
  15. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

You got pretty much everything except the sizes. 1 1/4" to 3/4" tees. 3/4" elbows, and 1 1/4" straight pipe. The caps were 3" end caps. The end is a threaded union. just turn it out to put tension against the floor. Just need to paint it now.

I had considered getting a stripper pole and drilling big holes in the helmets and stacking them to make a "helmet totem pole". I like this better.

16. Very nice. Simple, creative, effective- that’s not always as easy as it seems.