1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lin Jarvis better get his sh*t together

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 14, 2021.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tried to find silly season thread. Came up empty.

Fabio's manager says they have been contacted by 2.5 teams (two concrete, one flirty) regarding 2023 and they will go where it's best for them.

I guess a couple of y'all can read this for yourselves. :D

henry_carlson, TurboBlew and cav115 like this.
  2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I appreciate your confidence. :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I literally meant "a couple." I know their screen names. :D

SuddenBraking and cav115 like this.
  4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Is one Ducati? He’s been seen admiring them lately. If so, Zarco is gone, Jack takes his seat and becomes teammates with Martin. Fabio and Pecco on the factory units.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I knew what you meant; what`s your point?

Are you referring to the french version, or just at all? :crackup:

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

A 'wee' bit of injected hot air, but it is a manager speaking after all...... :D

YamahaRick and BigBird like this.
  7. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Yamaha all together needs a better bike

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Considering the source is a manager repping his client, the interview is practically propaganda. Some of his spin must've been pretty hard to say with a straight face. :D

NemesisR6 and BigBird like this.
  9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Jack won’t take Zarco’s seat, he’s done at Ducati after he’s replaced after next season, my guess is Zarco also will be replaced

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So where does he end up? Aprilia? KTM?

11. mike998b

mike998b Well-Known Member

Jack to Aprilia after Mav retires.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You may have spelled tantrum wrong...

blueblurr likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You do know that Google has a translation function, right?

cav115 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry but, of course Fabio's manager is talking to EVERY team that he possibly can. I'm surprised it's only 2.5 teams. I figure it'd be ALL of them.

and anyone's manager who is not talking to 2.5 team about 202whatever should be fired.

Well, except for Rossi's. :D

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Éric Mahé: "It's the progression of a gifted and motivated guy"
    Ahead of the next Emilia-Romagna GP during which Fabio Quartararo will play a first match point, Eric Mahé, his manager, looks back on the 2021 season and the future of the French driver.
    Published on 14/10/2021 at 10:33

Thomas Morsellino

0 View comments)

[​IMG]
    Éric Mahé was the one who allowed Fabio Quartararo to enter the MotoGP scene in 2019 by joining the new Petronas Yamaha SRT team. During his year as a rookie, the Frenchman, who then officiated on a motorcycle from the previous year, very regularly stood up to Marc Marquez. In 2020, the season did not end as he had hoped, but this year Quartararo was able to regain the potential of his rookie year to clinch five wins and 10 podiums. A few days before the Emilia-Romagna GP, Éric Mahé, his manager, agreed to answer some of our questions.

Did you expect such a season from Fabio?

“Yes, and in my opinion, the reference season is 2019. He was a rookie, he fought against Marc Marquez on the handlebars of a spec-B motorcycle. To understand Fabio's potential, you have to look at 2019 and not 2020. I know the reasons why it ended badly last year and for me there was no problem with the future. "

Exactly, what happened in 2020?

“Due to the Covid-19, there were no tests and we had the problems with the valves. We were the ones who asked for this bike, but it was a mistake, because there was the pandemic. But by negotiating in November, it was then impossible to consider the Covid-19 a few months later. We asked for this machine and although it didn't pay off we couldn't complain. The 2019 M1 was much better at the end of 2020. We won two races at Jerez and then there was the valve problem. On some circuits, the decline in electronic assistance has cost us and on others, it has been the lack of focus. Fabio therefore had to deal with things that were technically impossible to manage and the season ended as we know. "

Much has been said about the mental aspect, was the use of psychological help fundamental?

“For me sincerely, I would say no. "

What then brought this serenity this season?

“It was written… he got annoyed last year because he was far from what he hoped. This year he is close to what he was aiming for. So there is less nervousness and he has learned the lessons of last year. It is the combination of these two aspects. He is less in difficulty with his package, therefore less nervous, naturally. And, given that he learned the lessons of 2020, he has made progress in dealing with the challenges. It is no longer the 21-year-old Fabio, but the one who is now 22 years old. It is the natural evolution of a rider who fought against Marquez with a motorcycle B in 2019… This is the point of reference. There was no new Fabio, there is nothing magic. It's the logical progression of a gifted and motivated guy. "

[​IMG]

Among the opponents, did you expect Fabio to compete against Francesco Bagnaia at the end of the season?

“Yes, completely. We talked about it during the winter. When it comes to pure talent, Bagnaia is a client. Last year, he showed that he had the talent, but that he also had a bit of trouble putting it all together. When I say talent, I mean natural gift, I'm not talking about aggression or psychology, but just the ability to ride a motorcycle as fast as possible. Bagnaia, for me, it was clear that he had this talent. As to whether he was going to succeed in putting it all together, we didn't know. In my 2021 talent list, I included Bagnaia, Marquez and Fabio. "

And for 2022, who do you see among the main rivals?

“I see Fabio, Marquez, Bagnaia and I would add Martin. The Fernandez / Gardner duo which will arrive next year is also very interesting: natural gift for Raul and aggressiveness for Remy. "

What do you think of Marquez's season since his return?

“For me, Marquez was perfect. He won two races. We know he is still weakened and we do not know if he will stay that way or not. The psychological consequences of this period are very difficult to assess. Some, like Kevin Schwantz, believe he will be marked forever. Yes, he will be in his flesh, but not in his head. He's crashed 20 times this year and every time he's got back on his bike. Considering his heavy fall in Assen, if he had been psychologically scarred, he would have told the Japanese “I'm going home”. He does not have the attitude of a psychologically affected pilot, but rather that of a pilot who is not fully cured. At the same time, the others have progressed in his absence. To come back as dominant as he was, personally, I do not believe in it. However, I think he can get back to the level that will allow him to play for the title next year depending, of course, on the package he has. "

[​IMG]

How is the development of the YZR-M1 2022 going? With the various transfers / replacements at Yamaha, was Fabio the only one to make the choices?

“Sportingly, there is indeed no one to fit into each race. But at a manufacturer as professional as Yamaha, the engineers take into account all opinions. Fabio gives his opinion, but others can also give it. There is also Cal Crutchlow (test pilot for Yamaha, editor's note) behind who follows what is happening. Indeed, among the titular pilots, there are few who can give their opinion at the moment. But it is not a question of listening only to the one who wins. The engineers are not crazy, they seek above all the homogeneity of the material and to grow overall on the feeling of all the pilots. The Japanese then tidy up the relevant comments and the irrelevant ones. "

We can imagine that you start to think about 2023, will Fabio continue with Yamaha?

“Fabio will go where it's best for him and today everything is open. For the moment, nothing is clear about 2023. Obviously, Fabio is happy with his performances, but we have to dissect them, because these performances are more on the side of Fabio than that of his package. The trend is to sign a year or even a year and a half in advance. If there is a clear outlook, then we have to go. But the main strategy is never to rush, so we'll see what happens. We were contacted by 2.5 teams: two real approaches and another casually… We will assess this in due course with confidence. Fabio is young, he has the future ahead of him. "

Cover photo credit: Christian Bourget (Sports Images)

16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Who are y’all kidding, we all know Honda is going to offer him Honda money to put him on a bike that kills careers worse than Ducati management. :D

henry_carlson and Phl218 like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honda money? If you’re not Marc, Honda money is less then pramac money.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It’s only less than Pramac when they aren’t WC. Puig made a mistake by getting Pol and not Fabio. Pol will never be WC in GP and with the move to Honda , he’s sealed his date as maybe only one or two more chances at victory

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Honda is so very corporate structured. They start riders at a certain level, then every time you win a championship, they pile on the millions. It is compulsory. The bean counters cringe every time Marquez wins another title.

BigBird likes this.
  20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup. Get a very Scott Boras vibe any time I see silly season articles like this where agents are creating their own rumors.....

BigBird likes this.