1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limbaugh/McNabb Thoughts??

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by thrak410, Oct 2, 2003.

1. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

The man probably has more money in his front pocket than you'll ever make in your lifetime..... you're just jealous that someone might take your job.

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Re: Another point of view

Eh, I tend to disagree but I have to marvel at how hard an admitted Eagles fan can be on their starting QB.

If the Eagles are hot to move McNabb then I'm sure Carolina will make'em a sweet deal on Jake Delhomme. :cool:

3. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

....your kidding right?? I'm sure the Bears would trade there black quarterback, Stewart, for McKnabb in a heartbeat.... didn't McKnabb lead the eagles to the playoffs the last two seasons??

the position of quarteback has been color blind for the last twenty years, Rush is lost in a time warp.

4. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I don't see why, McNabb is rated only slightly better than Stewart in NFC quarterbacks with a rating of 51.3 vs 50.6, 22nd and 23rd in the NFC and 28th and 29th in the league. Stewart has a better pass completion average and has thrown for more touchdowns. McNabb has only a slightly better rushing record, they are 1 and 2 in the ranking. Iggles are 28th in total offense, Bears are dead last. McNabb and Stewart both kinda suck.

Iggles never would have gotten to the playoffs the last two seasons without their outstanding defense. In 2002 McNabb was the 26th rated passer in the league and 12th in the NFC. In 2001 McNabb was 15th in passing yardage, Stewart was 17th. Stewart rushed for more yards than McNabb in 2001.

5. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

I just find it interesting that a dude who once said:

"If people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.''

is himself buying and using drugs illegally but, oh, isn't going to jail. Oh, that's right, he can do that. Why? Because he is rich.

I guess he was talking about poor folks who can't afford a PR team, a team of lawyers and high end private drug rehab. It's *those* people who should be accused, convicted and sent up. :rolleyes:

In light of such complete two-faced hypocrisy, who cares what he says about anything anymore? It's all bullshit anyways. :mad:

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Yep. I figured Rush would get raked over the coals by what is just about always a double standard. Is what he said more racist than Jesse Jackson's "Hymie-town" or "land of fiestas and siestas" comments? I mean, if we're going to hold people to the high standards of political correctness, should we not hold people from the right and the left to these standards?

FWIW, I do not find Rush's or Jesse's comments reprehensible. Inappropriate maybe. But no reason to get anyone's panties in a wad, except for folks looking for another excuse to dislike these high-profile, outspoken personas. It happened. No one was hurt. Get over it.

7. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

depends, are we talking boxers or sweaty-and-buried-deep-in-the-crack thongs on a hairy fat guy

8. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

I couldn't give a rat's ass about his McNabb comments. That type of thing is par for the course with him, just like inflammatory comments are par for the course with any left/right talk show host. It gets them ratings, after all, which is how they make their money.

Lots of people go to jail for the illegal purchase and use of Oxycontin. Why isn't Rush, who was using 30 pills a day? That's more my point. He was doing something highly illegal, something he advocated other people get sent up for. So why isn't he? And why are all the pulpit mashers who are for maximum sentencing in drug offenses not saying a damn thing about it?

You know, just wondering. :)

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Rush wasn't arrested was he? I thought he just made a public admission of his problem in light of the tabloid press surrounding the issue. I just heard a little blurb about it on the radio. :confused: The only charges I can think of that apply to drugs is possession and distribution. Admitting a past that included drugs is not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Rush fan nor am I defending him. I'm just wondering what basis your using for saying he should be incarcerated. Based on my understanding of the situation incarceration wouldn't apply.

10. BIGDOG748

BIGDOG748 Member

limbooger is a FASCIST PIG

Once again Rush Limbuah gotss proved dat he be some ignant racist and some bigotss.

Rush be some fat lyin' sack uh shit and ah catch him on de street ah' kin kick his ass back all de way back t'de traila' park he came frum.

and anoda' thding'; any fool dat defends Rush o makes xsuses fo his acshuns be an ignant racist bitot too! Preach it loud, bruddah! Word

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Re: limbooger is a FASCIST PIG

Spoken like a true cracker.

12. BIGDOG748

BIGDOG748 Member

Re: Re: limbooger is a FASCIST PIG

I's gots'ta be no cracka boy, ah' am brotha and be proud of that fact jack.

You be a cracka jack, fo sho