1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like them or not

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by atspeed, Mar 14, 2012.

1. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

2. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart isn't a bad store at all. They just need to hire more cashiers, but if they did that and charged the price Publix does for groceries people would complain. Wal-Mart is so huge that it can name its own price when it buys from suppliers.

3. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Funny, their well-advertised rollbacks and reductions just take the prices back to where they were before their un-advertised price increases last month. But hey, every little bit helps, right ??

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everyone is raising prices just due to fuel costs needing to be passed on.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You must not get it. It is a matter of "Evil Corporations". :D

Quoting a banner I saw recently:

"If you miss the way it used to be - then tax a millionaire, support a union, and buy American."

6. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

truth

7. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I had my wife go to Aldi last week. Our bill was half of what it would have been at Walmart. That's right... Half.

The only drawback is that we still have to get a few things at Walmart, like toiletries. Even their meats looked decent.

8. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Then you must have gotten half the stuff?

There is no way that if you buy the same exact products, same quantity, you pay half at Aldi

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Haven't been to Aldi, they just opened one two towns over, but don't they carry a limited selection that's mostly private label?

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

past due products?:D

11. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Not saying our entire grocery bill for the month would be half, as we still have to go to Walley World for some things. But the items she bought at Aldi totaled up to half of what she would have spent at Walmart. I did a spot check of the receipt and noticed the milk, hotdogs, and meat were ~ half of what it costs at Walmart.

And yes, I'm taking my wife's word regarding the total bill was half.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I would start worrying when she tells you that the bill doubled. Inventory check, then. :D

13. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

You mean the same girl that bought a Kirby vacuum? Naaaah...... :p

14. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

I'm not saying your wife is lying but half? maybe she was exaggerating and you took it the wrong way? If Wal-Mart sells the cheapest milk and Aldi is half the price of that, I would honestly be worried about that "milk".

15. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I think the milk was ~ $2.something. And a lot of their stuff says product of Canada. Guess we're getting their throwbacks!

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Milk is $2.29 a gallon where I shop, which isn't WalMart.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Okay, I had to research that one.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Years ago the Navy Exchange used to kick ass for getting cheap groceries compared to Publix. It was ~30-50% cheaper.

19. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

only in our dreams, wallyworld is $3.89

20. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

and you guys complain about $4.00 a gallon for gas :D :Poke: