1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk about the Hole

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I just saw that! The plot was a little thin, but lighting was good.

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

There is one thing that’s unique to the beeb.

You guys CONSTANTLY start a thread and discuss things like it’s a universal truth that everyone should be born with.

Then like a god damn detective I gotta piece clues together to figure out wtf you guys are talking about.

At least put a link up ffs.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why would you go and try and do something as freakin' insane as THAT? Just smile and wave and let things take their course.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Looks more like a fuzzy picture of a donut with bad lighting.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's literally all over the internets and the number of black hole memes is already astonishing.

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.
  8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

motoboy likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You're one of those assholes who grew up without a set of encyclopedias, dintcha? :Poke:

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Beebisms

11. If you can’t stand the black hole, stay away from the event horizon. It’s a point of no return.

R Acree likes this.
  12. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

black hole, white hole, red hole, brown hole, American hole, mexican hole, Russian hole, Spanish hole Asian hole...
    They're all pink

K51000 likes this.
  13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Cite with photographic evidence of this.... I'm calling further BS.

K51000 likes this.
  14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

It was easy to figure out this time. Other times the thread could go on for pages and I’d still be wondering what’s being discussed.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

16. ton

ton Arf!

there's a ton of info out there that explains it as deeply as you could want to go. here's one that might help a little:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-hea...mage-black-hole-eht-event-horizon-singularity

the image isn't of visible light, it's of radio frequencies (the visible light would be absorbed by everything between here and there).

what is it you're skeptical of, and what's the basis of that skepticism?

17. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Whats funny is they say it can't be pictured, so they just show a literal black spot surrounded by stuff in illistrations. Now the pic is....a black spot. Because it can't actually be pictured. Nothing has changed.

18. ton

ton Arf!

agree that the image itself is largely uninteresting. it looks much as the predicted and modeled image suggested it would. but to say that nothing has changed is to miss the point. which is that, for the first time the event horizon of a black hole, previously known to exist only by indirect measurement of its effect on the things around it... has been directly "observed". thus confirming a great deal of astrophysics.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Could be. "The Hole sucks in another victim."

[​IMG]

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

UnProven Science....HocusPocus...Perhaps a strong odor of tons of money and bullshit in the same places...

My question is, what exactly is The Usefulness of this information...Real Tangible Usefulness.