1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets get some mini racing started in Atlanta again

Discussion in 'General' started by corsameltin, Aug 21, 2007.

1. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

We had it goin on for a while. I think when the weather gets cooler we should get it started again. I hear Mtn Adventures in Conyers has a track open. I know of a few parking lots we can set up with cones. This place was a bit hairy but fun. Needs a little more runoff room:D Get your mini out Mongo! Todd you still have the TT?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x0yn00Xj8Hw

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

3. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Mini

I would love to do a little mini racing, since I can't race the big bikes.:rolleyes:
    We need some mini racing on the north side of Hotlanta. I know some guys use to race them up at a church in Canton but I do not know if that is still going on not.
    Those cart tracks look a little sketchy to me with all the metal rails.

4. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Will there be airfence at the shelter posts?

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

6. corsameltin

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Not for you in Atl. Decatur, AL. Elgin, SC, the one in Starke and VIR. Next year we might be adding another...or two.

While racing in the parking lot is fun, racing on an organized track in a "real" race is even better. :D

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yeah, so maybe they should race with WERA in the WERA mini classes since they are on the WERA board talking about this.

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll find Mongo gets overly mad at mentioning SEMRA. I think that's been discussed before. ;)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once or twice :D

I'm fine with it and we missed having them at CMP this year.

11. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Yep. still have that ttr. I'll never sell it. I also just picked up my husky 610 engine from the shop after a total rebuild so that MFer is ready to hurt me real bad. BTK motorsports in Dekatur, AL is hosting a SEMRA round on Laborday weekend. I'll be there for that.

Also, the dude down at Blackhills raceway, aka Barnesville, aka Lamar County Raceway would love for more retards to come ride at his place. He's got that dirt section and everything. Maybe when the temp drops to a cool 99 degrees I'll go

12. corsameltin

i know I talked with him. Sounds like its getting sold to a developer, get some while the gettins good I guess.

13. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

yeah i used to ride at that place all the time back a few years ago when we did it two nights a week! A lot of fun but man did we get hurt.

Todd I'll be going up to Decatur to ride with the Sander's in the endurance! Probably also run my xr80 as a second bike!

14. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

HUH??? I rode with them at the last one in the pooring rain and we talked on last Thursday about riding together in this one. If you're riding with them, I'll field my own team. There wasn't enough contact last time with anything other than asphalt and grass, so this will be better.

15. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Let me know when. I'm in!

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'm in. i've been jonesin' for a while now.

i'll see yer video, and raise you one from the same place (may not be from the same day tho').... youtoob linky

17. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

very nice!

Now off to Autozone for ONE BAND CLAMP and my Husky moturd is done. Doncha hate it when you're 4 beers into a job and all dirty and lose something so insignificant as a band clamp or forget to bring home oil or whatever? Maybe I'll splurge and buy two.

I can't wait to aggravate my sorry ass neighbors. In about 30 minutes. :D

18. james walker

tanks. that place was a blast...even with the lack (read: NO) run off.

i have a vid of the young'un there chasing me, but my big (170lb) ass looks rediculous draggin knee and riding the pee outta my kids fiddy. i figure i wasnt doing too bad to keep up with Jake tho, considering i was at an easy 100lb disadvantage:D

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

If you mean Jake Mormon, that kids all hair. I don't think he weighs more than 30lbs

20. james walker

yup:up: