1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legal question: Dog ownership

Discussion in 'General' started by OGs750, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

Exactly. Very different cultures. Lots of great non-profit/volunteer educational and rescue programs here, but until the city takes a different approach (requiring spay/neuter), nothing will change materially.

2. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Plot twist, the ex is suing me. At least I think she is. I haven't gotten served anything, but I just got a letter from the Judge Mathis show and the first line is, "By now you are probably aware of the fact that someone is suing you." I guess they think this would make for good TV.

The ex was blocked on my phone, so who knows what's going on. I guess I'll wait to get the real paperwork. Any advise?

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Yeah. Tell Judge Mathis to go pound sand. You have no interest in playing in kangaroo court. Then lawyer up for real ... It's about to get ugly it would appear.

dickie doo likes this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Ignore it. She went to judge Mathis cause she doesn't have the means for actual legal action. That crap is all voluntary.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

All I see happening is small claims court cheap and no lawyers. An hour later you are done with her

6. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Yea it's small claims. Judge Mathis just found out in the public record. It's just weird that I haven't been contacted by the court yet. No lawyers in small claims?

What other recourse would she have left if she lost here? Just trying to figure out what I'm in store for.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Go with People's Court. Her sound man is a racer.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If it goes through small claims court and she loses (which she will), she's all done. You don't get a second bite of the apple.

9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Until you have been served, you are not being sued. I'd just relax for now.

10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Had my day in court a couple weeks ago and just received the judgement in the mail. The dog is staying with me. :D

Johnny B, BigBird, auminer and 6 others like this.
  11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Great news.
    Hope you and the dog enjoy your freedom.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like the bitch (we hate her, right?) should have hired an attorney AT law rather than an attorney IN law. :D

Don't bother trying to make sense of this issue haven't been in the dungeon in more than a couple of days.

motoracer1100, Dits, ton and 2 others like this.
  13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

If your brother's wife is an attorney, she is an attorney in law, correct?

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Great news! Bartender, a round of flip chips for the house!

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Great news. :beer:

16. ton

ton Arf!

having been there doesn't help. it's just some guy that went to the John Lydon school of barratry

17. joec

joec brace yourself

Woohoo! Great news.