1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving "Paradise"

Discussion in 'General' started by Timothy Landon, Feb 26, 2019.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's weird...my SIL lived in Wilton Manors for 10 years back in the mid 90's and I visited her many times. Never saw the first thing like that. It has changed.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Am I in the fucking dungeon?

418, MachineR1, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You sound like you have mental issues more than anything else.

Two dudes kissing? So? Did they try to touch you inappropriately?

Or is it that they don’t want to touch you that’s causing you mental anguish??

noles19, Dave_SV and Scotty87 like this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It's the Dungeons Dungeon. I guess you didn't see the tread?

GRH likes this.
  5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

What, you get a lot of Michiganders there too? What a PITA they are.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I liked the gulf side of Florida but there are just too damn many people.

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I admit, I couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough after going down there for a baseball tournament this past November. Leaving, filling up with gas, was a mix of comedy and horror. It wasn't a "shady" side of town. First, pull up and start filling up with gas. Guy next to us just starts talking to me about how he watched the hurricane destroy his house, now all that he owns is in his car. I stopped him and said I don't carry cash. Yes... from your car, in 130mph wind, you sat and WATCHED as your house was torn apart. And now you've driven down to southern Florida? Next, walking in to get drinks before we hit the road, I'm immediately accosted by an obvious strung out skinny white girl wanting cigarettes. Her boyfriend was passed out on the nearby table. A few tables back (Sheetz with all the tables outside) is what appears to be a drug dealer handing out his wares to folks with money in hand. As I walk in and stand in line, another person obviously not from this country starts yelling just saying he wants to pay for gas. Attendant says just wait your turn. Deflating any conflict, I just say go ahead in front of me. Meanwhile, passed out boyfriend is up and looking/reaching over the attendant's counter for something, I think cigarettes. Manager shoos him back outside. The best part, THE WHOLE TIME I'M SEEING ALL OF THIS, there's a cop filling up his car at one of the pumps, facing the building where all of this is taking place. I was uncomfy in south central LA while at the compton youth academy. Miami took that up to the next level. I couldn't put that place in my rearview mirror fast enough!!!!

Phl218 likes this.
  8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Check out Woody Creek CO. They lost their rambling drunk writer a few years ago and could probably use a new one.

scottn likes this.
  9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I live in the same area and I don't think I've seen any of the things he's talking about in the last 6 months? Yes, the occasional bums at the intersections can be annoying, but last I checked they are in every big city.

He's definitely right about the politicians, though. Either way, if you're that unhappy, moving is probably a good idea.

Now Miami is a whole other story, you couldn't pay me to live there. Well, maybe you could, but it would be alot!

scottn likes this.
  10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I’ve said it a hundred times if I’ve said it once... Florida south of I-4 sucks.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I would add and north of I-10. :D

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

North of Spring Hill and west of I-75 is a great area of FL. You’re north of Tampa far enough, but, close enough for events. Ocala is fairly close for chain stores. Yet, there are still many of the affordable, old FL communities spread throughout the area.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'll be 65 soon, I think I'm required to at least buy
    a condo in Florida.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

Then don't forget to move to myrtle.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm trying to talk the wife into dying her hair blue.
    What's with that, anyway?

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nah.....leave it white.....Q-tips are easier to spot!

17. joec

joec brace yourself

My mom, she's 70, she's died her hair blue. Like navy blue. And she's started edibles. And back to 70s disco. Lol she's like half my hipster friends.

18. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Damn I guess I been down here too long it would seem. I cracked up reading this and then thought shit, I see this ALL the time played out. I guess I'm used to it. I just ignore all the stupid and press on with I need to get done. I'm nice the first time they ask and say nah I ain't got no money. They 99.9% move on to the next. If not, and it turns to shit, everyone is carrying and pretty much everyone I know has conceal carry license. Sign of the times I guess. But hey, we gots nice weather!!

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Awesome. I love when older people get to the "give no fucks" stage. My 70yo dad acts like a 16 yo kid now, with no responsibility, a drivers license, and drawing a pension to fund whatever the fuck he wants to do. It's great. It pisses my Sister off though, which makes me love it even more lol.

Banditracer likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's f@ckin' cool. Not your hipster friends, they most likely suck as much as you do. Your mom part.