1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lease is up......

Discussion in 'General' started by Czar, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

on my Audi Q5 in April and I am thinking of downsizing to an economical car since I don't drive over 5000 to 7500 miles a year on my car. On my list are the following options and I would like input from those who have or had any of them.....Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Kia Optima, Hunday Elentra or Elentra GT, Nissan Sentra or Juke - I want to keep reasonable payments and want to buy it.....thanks for any and all advice, etc.

Evelyne

2. The Juke, fun little car.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Out in the parking lot for the townhouses are around 9 ~ 10 corollas. The people that had them usually buy another. I have no idea on how they drive but it's probably the #1 car in NoVa.
    I drove a Sentra as a rental and can't think of a single thing that was good with it. It's the steamed tofu of the car world.

What about a CX5?

4. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Mazda 3 hatchback is a cool car also.

5. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Freeway or around town mostly?

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Why does it occur to me that someone may have gotten Evelyne's log in...

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are suspicious, by nature.

8. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Those listed the KIA optima is the best option.. I am sure people will say no, but I own a 2010 Kia and it's been great.

9. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Nope really me - I need to look at the Mazda option - want to keep cost to $20,000. to $22,000. - I have a GM Card that gets me $2,000.00 off a Malibu but that will still be base model. I had a Corolla back in the day - like 40 years ago and loved it - remember driving it home from dealer with my brother - first stick I ever owned and he was on the floor by the time we got home - embarrassed by my starts - never owned anything but a stick until 2000 - I mastered the manual transmission and loved it! Object here is to keep a car that is fun to drive but won't break the bank since the bank is not what it used to be!! Hahaha

Cam Morehead likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My brother in law has an Optima a few years old and my mother in law just got the Cadenza. Both are very nice rides. However, if you are accustomed to the ease of getting in and out of a SUV or crossover, a traditional car sits very low in comparison. The older I get, the more this becomes a consideration.

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Honda Fit was the most fun of the ones we test drove back in December. We just got back from a quick road trip and averaged 46mpg on the interstate. Granted, we set the cruise control on 65 and have the CVT because my wife doesn't like manuals, so your mileage may vary.

BigBird likes this.
  12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I've owned a Sentra. Nice car for what it is. I'm a nissan fan so I am biased in that regards. The 16's have all the comfort options from the previous Altimas, including push button start (if you care)

13. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

To and from work - to and from Canton to Acworth where my grand daughter lives and maybe occasional trip to Ohio!

14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

7,500 miles a year isn't much at all. Me being the cheap ass that I am, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't pay a whole lot of a car that only gets driven ~6,000 miles a year. 500 miles a month is barely a tank of gas for those high MPG cars you listed.

kanatuna and BigBird like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Mazda 3 Hatch, Honda Fit (even though they have taken some of the fun out of it in the latest generation as per the mags..i owned a Gen 1 and Gen 2...those were great), New Honda Civic with the 1.4 Turbo looks to be a nice car

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

My wife has had her Carolla for almost 9 years of no trouble. No fun, but no trouble. That said, her next one will likely be the new Optima.

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I love my Civic and am on my 5th Honda so I am a little biased. Good resell value and of course its a Honda so the maintenance is minimal.

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Where's the I'm with stupid smiley?

From an Q5 to a Sentra? Have you test driven a Sentra?

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Optima.

20. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Ev, the Corolla is your best bet. I've been in the car business most of my life and I've never had a problem with one.