1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

@thrak410 open your security perimeter to where a truck would enter that lot
    @G 97 a gun can't fire itself, but a home defense shotgun, concealed handgun or a hunting rifle cannot touch this level of destruction.
    @Britt yes, my cousin specifically is safe, but I have no idea how many of her friends may not be. I seriously had no intention to "Dungeon it up" on this topic at all and so I'm out.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Hillary is already on Facebook dragging the NRA into this, noting how much worse it could have been if he had used silencers, 'cause the NRA is trying to make those easier to obtain.

3. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Not arguing this. What he said we should wait for facts and I said the president does not and you never complain. Just using his logic.

4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It's a tragedy that unfortunately, was probably not preventable. This was premeditated and planned. Given his age, I doubt they'll find much of anything from social media. Perhaps from a computer dissection they may find more. But really, if a mind is broken to a point such as this, only close friends or family would have been able to pickup on the fact that something bad might happen. The problem is, at what point do you intervene with somebody when they don't want to be helped, and become an enemy yourself?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It wouldn't have made a bit of difference. This guy could have sat up there for half an hour shooting and still wouldn't have run out of targets. People don't react to the sound of gunfire (they thought it was fireworks or something), they react to people getting shot.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I am hoping the woman that was with him, will shed light on his reasons.

7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere that determined what weapon was used?

GixxerBlade likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Ok thank you. Was that Attack by a terrorists? Was his tweet correct?

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You have got to be kidding me?

What is the difference if 58 guys with pistols walked in and all just shot one person? Still 58 dead and still not the guns fault, people amaze me how fucking stupid they can be.

You ban guns, gun powder, nail guns, or what ever you can think of, people will find ways to do what they want to do no matter what.

10. Robby-Bobby

How do you know he wasn't presented with factual information hours after London? Perhaps they got a little quicker facts than in other cases?

11. samizx7

It was 5 minutes. No facts were available. No matter what facts I present your mind is made. I am sorry for wasting my time.

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

So now you need 58 psycho killers on the ground willing to kill a random person in coordination? And you want to compare that to this scenario?

I bolded the part that I think you are correct about.

13. samizx7

Blood of the victims still wet and you guys already talking about guns. Wow.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The range and rate of fire guarantee that it was some sort of military rifle. I doubt it was something exotic (like a belt fed weapon). Probably an AR variant or AK variant with drum magazines.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

And in the end an inanimate object still can not act on its own by its own will, regardless of the potential for them to be used as a means of destruction.

Four planes caused just under 3,000 deaths and wounded 6,000 on 9/11.
    Two alone caused over 2,600 deaths.

How come you're not singling out planes and calling for restrictions or the abolishment of planes.
    You hold one object accountable but not the other.
    You pick and choose which is a funny thought process.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit. Same amount of effort and planning and he could have detonated a truck bomb right next to the venue on a public street taking out more people.

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

There is thousands and thousands of those that will love to get here and do just that.

There is whole counties that hold parades of people chatting "American blood must fill there streets" They would love to get here and do that and more.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, no. I just drove past the venue last weekend. It's a fence not a wall and there are public streets on all sides of it. An IED outside of the fenceline would most likely have done more damage. But hey, focus on the evil guns if it makes you happy.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Silencers might have made it easier to locate the shots rather than the echo issues they had.

20. Robby-Bobby

Really? 5 minutes after? That quickly? Because I find it hard to believe the police would have known within 3 minutes. Do you want to look up the actual tweet and timeframe before you comment again?