1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laguna Seca WSBK/MotoAmerica predictions for wildcard/fill-in riders?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steady T, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Gagne on the Red Bull Honda WSBK.

Puerta on Gagne's delicious MotoAmerica Broaster Chicken Honda Superbike.

Cam Petersen and Ant West on ADR's Super-Fly MotoAmerica Stock1000 Kawasakis.

Gagne's goal would have to be beating Bradl. Methinks Ant West could challenge for the Stock1000 podium. No clue on what to expect from Petersen and Puerta. What sayeth the peanut gallery?

Discuss.

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I would love to see Gagne do well but judging by their results it's gonna be tough. Anybody know if they have full WSBK support or if it's mainly gonna be Danny and Scotty twisting the wrenches?

3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Gagne is slotting into the Red Bull team, so it will be their crew. Danny, Scott, and crew will be busy with Puerta on the MotoAmerica side of things (although I'm sure Danny will make an appearance or two in the Red Bull box to support Jake).

r6boater likes this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Is there anything comparable btw the two CBRs besides the frame? Electronics, motor build, suspension, tires are all diff. I hope Gagne's weekend isn't as rough as I fear it will be.

5. caferace

caferace No.

I don't think Westie has raced Laguna since his MotoGP time ...

-jim

6. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Didn't he race the Pedercini Kawasaki at Laguna last year?

Me thinks West will give our local boys some trouble. The guy may have personality issues that make sponsors cautions, but he knows how to ride a fucking bike. Everything that he has gotten on he has been quick from the start. I'll earmark him for at least one podium this weekend if he finished both races.

7. caferace

caferace No.

Did he? Don't remember, didn't make it to the race. Pedercini as a team can be hit or miss as well. He could, just has to be on his A game.

-jim

8. The Great One

caferace likes this.
  9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have always liked Ant West. He just seems to get after it, whether he is on a decent bike or some POS. I look for him to do well this weekend. I hope he stays for the rest of the season.

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Would have been pretty awesome for somebody like PJ Jacobsen to do a wildcard Moto America SuperSport race

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Wouldn't it have made sense for MV to have brought another 1000 and had him ride it as a wildcard?

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'm talking about SuperSport

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why, so he can blow up four engines instead of two?

Shenanigans likes this.
  14. caferace

caferace No.

Now see ....

-jim

15. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Cameron can put it on the box

16. The Great One

I'm not one to quote myself, but can I say I told y'all so? :D

Edit: Reading through my initial post, I'm wondering if I was drunk when I wrote it......typos all over the damn place! But you all get the point ;)

03RumbleBee likes this.