1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laconia Short Track

Discussion in 'General' started by Pigman, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

So looks like we are getting a nice surprise while another venue gets a big Zero...

So whadda ya think....

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’m excited!!!

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

OKC mile people are not though...sucks for them

stk0308 likes this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

They definitely are not. Wish I knew the rest of the story.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

While it certainly sucks for the OKC group. I really hope they haven't been left high and dry on what seemed like a popular venue, and race.

I have hopes that the Laconia short track will not be another X-Games parkinglot debacle. But be a nice, permanent, track. Which then can grow in popularity. AFT really needs to get back to historic Hagerstown for the east coast swing, but that's another wish.

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Good venue, but likely too close to Williams Grove that was damn near a sellout two years in a row.
    That raises an interesting question. How many weekends can the series sustain before it becomes diluted and/or the teams can't handle the costs and travel?

7. stk0308

They're already planning 18 events in 2019. To me, that seems like a lot of racing at a pro level for dirt track.

8. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any insider info on the track??? Future usage when not hosting the AFT series?

9. joec

joec brace yourself

And where is it? Johnny b? Guessing it's during bike week. And how short of a track?

10. stk0308

11. stk0308

Somewhere I read it was going to be a 1/4 mile in length, but I can't remember where that came up.

12. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Absolutely stoked. Lots of dirt track talent has come through this area over years and some are road racing right now. Used to be we would have to drive to Syracuse to get a big AMA track. This will be a nice addition to NHIS and Bike Week. Too bad Animal Hill is not around. Can't wait to see the wannabe's and HA mingling.

Big time put em on the bar situation.

13. joec

joec brace yourself

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

We're most likely to hold a local series. A lot of LRRS riders are also dirt trackers. And there's the motard folks, too.
    Legends cars, maybe? Quads?
    Pending the outcome of ongoing litigation, ice racing and snowmobiles are another option.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    stk0308 likes this.
  15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

@Robby-Bobby , I might need a combination flat tracker / pit bike in the 100-150cc range. Whatcha recommend or got? :cool:

Oh and I’ll have to learn how to flat track.... more than my one supercamp weekend.

16. Johnny B

It is right behind the Northeast Motorsports Museum, which is next to the Big Apple gas station/convenience store next to the five lane parking access road.
    We have a very full schedule for Bike Week, starting with the two day FIM sanctioned vintage event. The USCRA will also be returning to Weirs Beach for the Tower Road Hillclimb. There's the two day Penguin Advanced School and then the three day Loudon Classic event. There will be LRRS roadracing, LRRS SuperMoto on the course set up in the S3 lot, past the Chicken Gate behind Turn 6. And then the AFT. It will be held after the road races on Saturday because a lot of us that work the road races will probably be working with AFT. ASRA Team Challenge is up in the air and the Festival of Sidecars is looking very unlikely to happen.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  17. Johnny B

It will be a bit of a homecoming for him. Last season he concentrated on dirt track. He returned to Loudon for Bike Week and did the double, winning the Classic and the SuperMoto. This year he can go for the hat trick.
    This will also be sort of a homecoming for another top dirt tracker. Back in 2002, Novice #371 rode a Honda 600 for about a half a season. His name was Jared Mees.

18. Johnny B

I had a lot of fun up there back in the 80's, but let's be realistic. You just can't pull shit like this anymore.

[​IMG]

stk0308 likes this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

For training all the bikes in that range make good tools.

CRF100
    Ttr125
    Drz125
    Klx 125/140

Throw some tires on them and roll out!

If you’re wanting to “race” then figure out class your running and build accordingly.

250f are also great training bikes. Not super fast but fast enough!

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Paragraph 4.

stk0308 likes this.