1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KTM Duke giving me the slip

Discussion in 'General' started by yokohama1, May 24, 2017.

1. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I know nothing about KTM's but is it a slipper clutch? I only ask cause my buddy went thru this with a gsxr-1000 and it turned out the slipper was adjusted wrong somehow making it slip under power.

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

This is some good advice. Chad knows his shit.

yokohama1 likes this.
  3. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

On my list to call.
    Does anyone know a good shop in the Raleigh NC area? I normally do all the work on the race bikes but between work and my one year old time is a premium. Garcia here is a KTM dealer but I had a not so great experience with a state inspection on my Multi.:rolleyes:

4. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Just getting around to finding washers for the clutch springs. You mentioned that the washers you use were 13mm id x 18mm od and 1 or 1.5mm thick. I can't find any on MC that are close to that size. If I get anything that is is close to the ID and OD size they are between 2.5-3.5 mm thick. The springs are 21mm wide. Any clarification here would be appreciated. Thanks.

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I am running the same model clutch but on a different bike. Sizes may vary between brands