1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kit ecu 2008 r6

Discussion in 'General' started by blakekelly27, Nov 26, 2008.

1. blakekelly27

blakekelly27 Well-Known Member

Im looking for a 2008 yec kit ecu for and r6. If anyone has one or can get one could you please pm me to keep a rush for it on the posting. It would greatly help me out.

thanks
    Blake Kelly

2. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Call Graves Motorsports he will be selling all the GYTR stuff next year.There is an order in but it wont be here until just before or after Daytona in the spring.If you are gonna use it with a standard harness dont forget to order the jumper harness as well.When you call Graves ask for Rick in racing tell him Large Charles said to call. You may be able to find one over seas but they wont have the jumper cable I spoke of.Marc @ Factory Pro gets them from time to time as well.If you call ask for Lee over there.Good luck

3. blakekelly27

blakekelly27 Well-Known Member

4. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

graves will not have jumper cable. the shit is hard to find, isnt it mr. kelly

5. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

can someone explain the mysterious "jumper harness"

6. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

I figured that rocket had one already.

7. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

The jumper harness enables you to activate the boxes functions for example when the stacks open and close ect.

8. sgr62004

it allows you to tune bike with stock harness.

9. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Where does one get this magical jumper harness?

10. sgr62004

i have a part #, which seems to be worthless. no one seems to know of this cable at the yamaha dealers. if we were allowed to run a kit harness, we would not have this problem of switching harness's back and forth for tuning. why are we allowed to use kit ecu but not kit harness?

11. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

what is the part #

12. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

35y8o45u-4ca62n't7-g8e51t-6o45n7e.

If you have a hard time finding a kit harness using this part number, remove the numbers and only use the letters..........

13. sgr62004

holy shit rosie, what are you doing up at this hour?

14. sgr62004

pm me, i will let you know where and when we can get them as soon as i find out

15. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

you have to have the mini harness to use the features of the kit box it has nothing to do with tuning it.As I said before the harness lets you control the stack timing and movement and other features.The only thing you need to tune the box is the data cable and the lead that comes off the battery. I have the part # and yes they will be available through a certain dealer in the spring.With out the harness your kit ecu will be useless,the other advantage of the kit box is not having to stack boxes on top of boxes.it's tidy and neat.Further more once you have a good map in it you shouldnt have to make major changes unless you change the fuel. Tuning the box is a pain in the ass unless you have a custom adapter which I do.Mapping these is expensive as it is very time consuming and it beats the shit out of your bike onthe dyno.Hence the fact people arent crazy about giving the info out and spreading fairy dust for free.I have also heard thet Gytr/YEC parts for road racing stuff will be handled by one outlet next year and that outlet will stock a mass of parts including the infomous MINI-HARNESS you can't get.By the way if you order them when you are supposed to and have the right part number and your dealer is worth a hill of beans he could call gytr and ask the specificly,and get an answer.

16. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

17. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

Everything this guy just typed is complete bull shit. Look dude if you dont know what youre talking about quit posting at all. I just love assholes who think they know everything, what an ultra jerk.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what was wrong about his post?

I don't like insulting and bullshit like you posted without actually saying why you think the other person is wrong...

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah I don't see much wrong about his post at all. There's a kit ECU, kit harness, kit cable, U.S. version called a "subharness" which as mentioned - was nearly impossible to find this past year - even with a part number.

As for tuning - tuning it is pretty much just like he said. The only thing you could nitpick was that he said the harness was used for tuning the stacks, when really it's the ECU that does it (although you could argue you need the harness to use the ECU, in which case he would be correct). :)

20. sgr62004

yes, i am talking about the harness that plugs into the end the stock harness to the kit ecu. it has a usb connection for the interface cable.