1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids today? wtf...

Discussion in 'General' started by John LegionST, Nov 29, 2012.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

But hey, that Cam Newton Play 60 ad with the kid that will be his Mom's favorite player is one of the best ads I have seen in ages!

2. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Yes... old man would say something like, "I want nothing but uniform sand," making a quick but wide gesture... "The whole yard... smooth it with your palms like it was your prom date's backside." Me with trasher bangs looking on as a gawking teenager. "Leave it like scorched earth... that'll scare off Amway and the damn Jehova's witnesses."

I still am missing fingerprints in the crooks of my index fingers from weeding as a teen. Good times.

3. trancework

trancework It's always now...

THIS ^^^ --Exactly! We'd get a new pair of paratrooper boots from the army navy surplus, a fresh shaved head and venture out to spend a few weeks primitive camping while cutting the saddleback ridge on the family properly. If I never see another box of Bisquick in my life, I won't complain! :crackup:

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So you think all the kidnapping for ransom happens in the bad neighborhoods? :rolleyes:

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:wow: I LOVE me some Bisquick biscuits, pancakes and waffles!

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And sausage chees balls.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Spendy bike for a kid :Poke: :Poke: :D

8. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: this.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kids are all wrong.

10. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Statistically speaking, the messed up things that you hear happening to children these days aren't any more prevalent than they were 50 years ago. Because of the current 24-hour news cycle, these stories get repeated ad nauseum, making everyone believe that it's no longer safe to let children play outside unsupervised. We almost never had adult supervision growing up n the 70's & early 80's. My parent's didn't want to either see or hear me and on summer days, I was outside on my bike or skateboard as soon as I'd had breakfast and didn't come home until I heard my father whistle for dinner. Then, it was back outside until dark. The play 60 thing is absurd!

11. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

In Champaign? Maybe down here on the EAS-SIDE! Champaign is harmless.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Effin-A.:clap:

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

LOL that's a good typo. :crackup:

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Agreed. I laugh every time I see it. :up:

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

When I lived there, it was the North end everyone was afraid of. :confused:

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I used to get thrown out of the house and have the doors locked so I'd stay out.

Mom hated that I was always at the workbench playing with electricity, wires, and occasionally, the resulting fire. Of course, my re-wiring the house at age 10, and my continual "experiments" with the phone line may have had something to do with that.

Now I'm the only one in the family who can fix much of anything. My brothers, who were total sports nuts can't fix stuff at all.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

But they can kick your ass if you refuse to fix their stuff? :D

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I remember just walking up to random houses in my hood and grabbing the water hose for a drink. Nobody cared back then? He'll I still drink from the hose when I am working in my garden. Kids think it is gross.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Nothin wrong with drinking from the hose. :up:

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I struggle with trying to find the right mix of daily electronic dosage. It stands now at about an hour per day in all forms. Some people use that stuff to babysit the kid...and it works for that.

I remember the motley crew in my neighborhood, way back in the country. Serious hayfield football, baseball, and bicycling everywhere. Somebody always went home mad after a football game. We'd ride bikes 4 miles one way to the store just to buy a coke. We'd get home and still be thirsty.

We were camping in the summer down by the river at 10 years old...no parents...swim most of the night...always went home when we got hungry. I wonder now if the parents didn't worry or if they just didn't care.:D