1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kendon trailer and Pitbull Restraints

Discussion in 'General' started by talber8, Mar 31, 2017.

1. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

anyone do this before? Can you share how you mounted it?

I've seen pictures but not details.

I almost lot my bike last night bouncing off the trailer! (Total user error on my part)

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

There was somebody in the classifieds who was selling (or sold) a Kendon with a nice, custom Pitbull setup......

3. NemesisR6

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

This may help

5. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I'm trying to see ideas of how they've done the double trailer, the side is outside the frame

6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Run a 2x6 under the back grate, let it over hang the extra you need. Bolt it through with fender washers.

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

All you guys have to do is e-mail Pitbull directly and ask for pictures of how its done. I wanted to do my Kendon, and they showed me a few different setups. Like always, they go above and beyond to help out a customer.

Razr, XFBO and Banditracer like this.
  8. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

I'll try to post a pic of my old set up when I get home..

9. vco

vco Active Member

I had a single rail Kendon. Great trailer. But I didn't like the TRS on it for a couple reasons. The tail end of the trailer, where you mount the TRS, folds up obviously. That entire section bounced and shook too much for my liking. It's just those two pins holding it, with a fair amount of slop. The real problem though was getting it up the ramp lined up. If I didn't get it just right, I'd have to wheel it down and start over. On the two rail Kendon I'm sure that would be less of an issue.

I scrapped the TRS idea and mounted a Baxley wheel chock on the front. What an awesome setup that was.

10. socal

socal Well-Known Member

When asked about the folding tail section bounce, Kendon told me the solution is to use the last set of tie downs on the trailer. Ideally, the bike is secured with a tie down at a passenger peg to the last tie down point at the end of the trailer.

11. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...ead-what-did-you-do-this-past-weekend.341638/

Here is the thread with my setup on a single Kendon Trailer. If you read through the first two pages there is more info. I used 3/8" stainless steel plate so I could move it forward and back depending on bike length. I have two bolts with washers going throught the existing holes that holds the diamond plate down. And four bolts going through each side of the center tubing using U-bolt brackets (just the brackets) to span across the tubing. No welding necessary. All bolts are 3/8 - 16 thread. Parts were purchased thorugh McMaster. The u-bolt brackets where 3" from inside of hole to inside of hole (like 4" + overall length), 1/4" thick stainless steel. Bike is rock solid and the only movement is the slight movement on the Pitbull system it self. I will NEVER use anything else except the pitbull system.

12. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

[​IMG]

Kendon1_zps2d5df285.jpg

Brian_J, Odilup and Razr like this.
  13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

PATBAROK likes this.
  14. FiveSeveN-

FiveSeveN- New Member

Original post here

- - - - - -

I wanted to revive this to say thanks to MotoGP1199 for the great idea. I bought a used dual Kendon trailer and ordered the same stainless steel plates, enlisted the help of a machine shop to drill and tap the holes (that is some hard metal!), and also enlisted the help of a fab shop to attach the plates to my trailer for me. I could do it myself but I haven't welded in several years and it's more worth my time to just pay someone to do it who will do a better job, anyway.

First I had some friends help me load up a couple bikes so we could determine where the plates needed to go. We offset them a bit to allow for more range in length of bikes (the one on the right side of the trailer allows for 1 or 2 inches more in length).

Anyway, it has turned out great. I'm excited to put it to use!

View attachment 155869 View attachment 155871
    View attachment 155868 View attachment 155870

NemesisR6 likes this.
  15. NemesisR6

Nicely done!

16. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

my kendon has a pitbull plate, last owner had some braces welded underneath for it.

17. Str8-Lurkin

Str8-Lurkin Well-Known Member

Just picked up a kendon and am looking to install my system. Any issues with the rear gate flopping?

18. FiveSeveN-

FiveSeveN- New Member

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I don't think I've had much issue with it, from what I can see when driving.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but how stable was the TRS with it attached to the folding portion of the trailer? I'd like to go the TRS route on my Kendon dual trailer, and I have pics from Pitbull on how to do it, but I'm worried that folding portion will be too unstable to really support the weight of the bike.

Thanks in advance.