1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ken Block killin' it...

Discussion in 'General' started by Stumpy, Nov 12, 2008.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

No connection I know of....you asked which company...so I gave it the quick once over for you.... that and many people incorrectly assume that Danny is one of the owners....whereas he is/was just a minority share holder.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was confused because I thought they were saying the driver was a guy who had founded and sold a couple of companies. That's why I asked. I still have no idea why we are talking about DC shoes, I'll read the thread again slowly. :D

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

on the nissan it is my understanding that if you use the auto launch, you instantly void the warranty.

why the hell did they put the auto launch on the car?

4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

He could shave 10 seconds off his time if he'd learn a little throttle control.:Poke:

5. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Ken Block was a partner with Damon Way (Danny Way's brother) in co-founding DC Shoe Co. They've now sold off the company to Quiksilver for a huge chunk of $ and now he races against his good friend Travis Pastrana in the Rally America series.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ha, finally an explanation that makes sense. Thanks. :D

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I thought Rod Dierdek (sp?) from Rob and Big started DC, no?

8. eggfooyoung

Oh, and that 140 mph power slide at the beginning didn't look like any fun at all. I'm sure you all feel the same way.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. eggfooyoung

No? No Rob didn't start them, no you don't feel the same way or no you're not very pretty?

11. Cawk Star

No, but he was one of the first sponsored DC skaters.

12. Cawk Star

F Ken Block and that video. Anyone can drive like an asshole. This video is only of testing footage but the precision Sebastian Loeb has is amazing. A lot of F1 critics say he would have been a person that would have knocked Schumacher off his throne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FvI6_wHImY

13. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

hatin' on someone's obvious mad skillz :tut:

14. Cawk Star

HD, some people work at being good. Some people are born with it.:) Given more time, the American Rally guys like Block and Pastrana might be able to get to this guys level. Hell yes, Block can drive...but that shit is some fast n furious-Jason Britton Superbike stuntin' shit. The one guy that I'd love to see quit his current job and go full time WRC is Robby Gordon. He had the chance a few years ago when he was with Ford but decided to stay with Indy Cars, etc.

15. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

Robby Gordon is def. a beast! I love watchin him in Baja.

Nah, i am just sayin, for what it is, that was pretty good drivin...I think Pastrana is def. a more overall talented person when it comes to Motorsports in general. That vid was not nearly as Rice'd out as fast and the furious lol, come on!

sall good :beer:

16. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

17. Cawk Star

I'm just busting your balls. I'm very lucky to be able to hang with Robby and his family a couple of times a year and he is one of the most genuine people I've ever met. If I go out to Anaheim this winter for SX, I've been told I can drive his CORR truck. I know it's not a full blown TT but I'll still wet my pants probably. He spends a million dollars on each of this TT's and it only costs him 250K on one cup car.

This was taken about a week ago in Parker pre-running for the 1000. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnSaziUkByU

18. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

Man that video = :rock: x1000

Was that his CORR truck? Wicked...

If you goto Anaheim 1, hit me up, my buddy just got his Pro card and he's gonna try to make the Main...I should def. be there, as long as it doesn't conflict with the first round of Wera West @ Fontana.

Be cool to meet someone off of here in person :up:

19. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

No. Rob rode for DC...whether Ken and Damon gave him a part of the co. I have no idea.

20. Cawk Star

That is Rob's trophy truck he's running in the 1000. You should see the VW Toureg Trophy Truck this year. Bitch got some whistle tips! VW had been running their Dakar version of the Toureg but this year they brought the big guns out and made a TT. I've got a few friends pre-running right now and I'm bummed I'm on the east coast and not drinking dos equis in Ensenada right now.