1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keith Obermann's "apology"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CMMFL, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

That proves that anything you say about politics is not at all based in reality.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I refused to vote for either. Therefore, no disappointment for me. :D

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:stupid:

4. b-sav

b-sav Well-Known Member

:wow:

Where is the two thumbs emoticon that points to me, saying "how about this guy."

I will never miss the W, that is for sure.

I am not saying Obama is the greatest by any stretch, but I don't regret my vote. They only regret I have is not for me, but for McCain. If he would have run on a platform simular to 2000 instead of panderring to the Jerry Falwell's of the world and picking Palin as his running mate, independents like me would have lined up in droves to vote for him.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What has he done/accomplished that you can be proud of?

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Scotth, I think you're operating under some misconceptions about me. I enjoy bantering back and forth on some of our subjects here on the BBS, and leave the impression that I'm really right side ingrained, but I'm certainly not a Republican. I am though, more conservative than liberal. I guess I'm kind of a middle of the road voter until I see someone that scares the hell out of me then I'll vote for the opponent. Both parties have gone off the deep end as far as I'm concerned, and I will not support either as long as they stick to their present course of action.

I don't hate smart people. I just dislike having to deal with people that "think" they're so smart that they won't listen to anyone else. Presidents are not in a position to be doing that. Obama seems to be one person that forgets who makes up this country. It's not about him. It's about the people and the country. Pelosi and a few of her friends need to remember the same thing. They are, in fact, arrogant.

You're also right in that Obama is our leader. For me, and a lot of others, he's "leading" in a direction that most of us don't think we need to go. He has no leadership credibility and it's becoming more obvious as we go.

I'm tired and I'm going to bed. See ya.

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I know, I know!! The Patiot Act.........Oh, nevermind. How about closing Gitmo.......Oh, nevermind. Umm......none?

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A leader should be able to convince you that it is the proper way to go so that you follow voluntarily.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Are you campaigning for a self-proclaimed simpleton platform?

You seem to be saying that it's finally because of the anger over Bush's continued policies the dems lost in Ma.... Don't we have a thread on that already?

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

No I dont think that's what he was saying, try to keep up, the thread made another turn that resulted in him making that remark.

TZ- Can you deny what he said in his post?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

If you want to try and keep pushing that idea it is fine with me. Personally that has to be one of the weakest theories I have ever heard. They were angry about policies that lean right so to prove a point they voted against the candidate that ran on a platform farther left than Obama................yep there is that democrat higher intelligence for you.

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It is easier to be a democrat and a liberal if you don't pay attention.;)

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Again, I will repeat for the sofa dwellers, anger spreads across the political spectrum. Here's an equation:

Bush anger = Obama election win
    and
    Bush anger = Obama anger
    then
    Anger = Lost incombent's election

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Incumbent

That doesn't work. If A=B and B=C, then A=C therefore, Bush anger= Obama win and Bush Anger=Obama Anger then Obama anger=Obama win. That didn't happen.:D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  15. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

FAIL

16. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

obermann is a tool, he says stuff like that for ratings, he wasnt the best on sports center either thats why they dropped him

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Olberman is the Democrits' Limbaugh.

18. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Scotty, you're just freaking scary man. I'm sure you're an awesome dude, but you are freaky! BTW, nearly EVERYONE I know that voted for Obama wishes they hadn't; that's probably close to 100 people. What amazes me is they are shocked things are changing like they are. They just wanted "change."

And again, before we go a-bashing me as a far-right conservative, I'm NOT! I'm fiscally conservative, personal rights libertarian, and a social policy fuck-officrat.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct. There has been something about Obama that I haven't been able to voice since I guess I hadn't quite brought all the points into focus until I read the following article.

Dr. Hunt is a social and cultural anthropologist. He has had nearly 30 years experience in planning, conducting, and managing research in the field of youth studies, and drug and alcohol research. Currently Dr. Hunt is a Senior Research Scientist at the Institute for Scientific Analysis and the Principal Investigator on three National Institutes on Health projects. He is also a writer for American Thinker.

An article from American Thinker by Dr. Hunt

Anatomy of a Failing Presidency

Barack Obama is on track to have the most spectacularly failed presidency since Woodrow Wilson. In the modern era, we've seen several failed presidencies--led by Jimmy Carter and LBJ. Failed presidents have one strong common trait-- they are repudiated, in the vernacular, spat out. Of course, LBJ wisely took the exit ramp early, avoiding a shove into oncoming traffic by his own party. Richard Nixon indeed resigned in disgrace, yet his reputation as a statesman has been partially restored by his triumphant overture to China 20.

But, Barack Obama is failing. Failing big. Failing fast.. And failing everywhere: foreign policy, domestic initiatives, and most importantly, in forging connections with the American people. The incomparable Dorothy Rabinowitz in the Wall Street Journal put her finger on it: He is failing because he has no understanding of the American people, and may indeed loathe them. Fred Barnes of the Weekly Standard says he is failing because he has lost control of his message, and is overexposed. Clarice Feldman of American Thinker produced a dispositive commentary showing that Obama is failing because fundamentally he is neither smart nor articulate; his intellectual dishonesty is conspicuous by its audacity and lack of shame.

But, there is something more seriously wrong: How could a new president riding in on a wave of unprecedented promise and goodwill have forfeited his tenure and become a lame duck in six months? His poll ratings are in free fall. In generic balloting, the Republicans have now seized a five point advantage. This truly is unbelievable. What's going on?

No narrative. Obama doesn't have a narrative. No, not a narrative about himself. He has a self-narrative, much of it fabricated, cleverly disguised or written by someone else. But this self-narrative is isolated and doesn't connect with us. He doesn't have an American narrative that draws upon the rest of us. All successful presidents have a narrative about the American character that intersects with their own where they display a command of history and reveal an authenticity at the core of their personality that resonates in a positive endearing way with the majority of Americans. We admire those presidents whose narratives not only touch our own, but who seem stronger, wiser, and smarter than we are. Presidents we admire are aspirational peers, even those whose politics don't align exactly with our own: Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Harry Truman, Ike, and Reagan.

But not this president. It's not so much that he's a phony, knows nothing about economics, and is historically illiterate and woefully small minded for the size of the task--all contributory of course. It's that he's not one of us. And whatever he is, his profile is fuzzy and devoid of content, like a cardboard cutout made from delaminated corrugated paper. Moreover, he doesn't command our respect and is unable to appeal to our own common sense. His notions of right and wrong are repugnant and how things work just don't add up. They are not existential. His descriptions of the world we live in don't make sense and don't correspond with our experience.

In the meantime, while we've been struggling to take a measurement of this man, he's dissed just about every one of us--financiers, energy producers, banks, insurance executives, police officers, doctors, nurses, hospital administrators, post office workers, and anybody else who has a non-green job. Expect Obama to lament at his last press conference in 2012: "For those of you I offended, I apologize. For those of you who were not offended, you just didn't give me enough time; if only I'd had a second term, I could have offended you too.."

Mercifully, the Founders at the Constitutional Convention in 1787 devised a useful remedy for such a desperate state--staggered terms for both houses of the legislature and the executive. An equally abominable Congress can get voted out next year. With a new Congress, there's always hope of legislative gridlock until we vote for president again two short years after that.

Yes, small presidents do fail, Barack Obama among them. The coyotes howl but the wagon train keeps rolling along..

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Ok, I need to apologize to Dr. Hunt and The American Thinker. I received his article in an email and copied it for this thread. It just occurred to me that I screwed up and should have found the link to it instead.

I'M SORRY!