1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

Zac has been continuing to make progress in his rehab at Pate. He continues to use a rolling walker when he walks, and he is gaining strength in his arms by working out with the weight machine called the "body solid". He is allowed to eat pudding, but only with the speech therapist while she is working with him. He is happy when there is enough time for him to finish the entire cup :)
    Zac is now wearing his glasses that correct his vision to what it was before the accident. His OT (occupational therapist) got him an amplifier that looks like a bluetooth ear piece that he wears in his right ear. This amplifies sound so that he can hear better. This weekend when we were watching a movie together he said, "now I can actually see the movie and hear it as well." I thank God for the "little" things like this in Zac's recovery.
    We are waiting for a new surgery date for Zac's reconstructive surgery on his forehead area. It was originally scheduled for Feb. 28, but was postponed. After this surgery and his recovery from it, a repeat swallow study will be performed. As you can imagine Zac is very hopeful for good results!!
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement and your prayers!!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool!

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Awesome.

4. zacsmom

New date for Zac's surgery is March 31. He was told to expect a hospital stay of 3 days after the surgery before returning to Pate to continue with his rehab.

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Godbless Zac and your family :)

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Prayers of thanks and comfort continue from Willow Park.

7. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Positive energy sent your way... :up:

8. zacsmom

This Thursday Zac is having his reconstructive surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. The surgery is set for the afternoon around 2:30. Please pray that the surgery would go well, without complications, and that Zac's recovery would be a fast one!

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Done. :up:

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

+1

11. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

:stupid: :up:

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid:

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

+5 or 6 or whatever it is up to now.

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Good luck Zac! :up:

15. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

We just got in from a scenic little town of Anna, TX, wandering around out there we found a nice facility known as Hilltop. A current resident there is our own Zac.

Thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with him.

It is amazing at how much he has retained and how hard he is working to recover completely.

Although he is doing well the road is still a winding trail, prayers and well wishes are always a good thing.

16. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I enjoy Zacks posts on FB. Go Zack and God bless you.

17. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

I remember a line from an Old Charlie Daniels alblum. Yep, the old black round plastic records. :) Inside the cover it read...."It's a long road and a small wheel and it takes allot of turns to get there." Prayers coming your way, such wonderful news. Blessings and comfort to you all.

18. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent....

19. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Surgery done, what was to be a 3 day stay turned out to be 1......he's back out and posting

20. zacsmom

Zac's surgery started around 5:25 on Thursday evening and took around 21/2-3 hours. On Friday he tolerated getting out of bed into a chair and so the Dr's released him back to Pate.
    Other than swelling that was expected, Zac is doing well. Zac does have wonderful posts on his facebook page (Zac Chapman) and he is also typing his own updates on a website that was originally set up on his church's site. It is prayingforzac.com.
    Between working full time, updating on 2 other sites about Zac, and taking care of Zac on the weekends, I am inviting all of you to please continue to follow Zac's journey on his facebook page, or my page (Jenny Truitt) or on the website prayingforzac.com.
    I want to thank all of you for your love, concern, and prayers for my son Zac.
    God Bless all of you :)
    Jenny T.