1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

:bow: Great news. That's some progress for sure. You all have shown a lot of faith and patience and worked really hard. :bow:

2. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

:clap: This is great news! And it is really good to read the joy you have while watching your son improve. Thank you for keeping up with updating us, I will keep praying.:)

3. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

GreaT NEWS!

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

This is awesome news!
    AAron

5. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

Great News!!!

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

WOW! Great news!!!

7. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

Another exciting day for Zac! Since Zac has transitioned to Medicaid at the nursing home, he only gets therapy 3 times a week. The PT and OT have been doing their treatments on the same days, Mon Wed and Fri. Today, zac was trying to say something and a board with letters on it had been made. He looked at the letters P-H-Y.
    The person that was there with him said "Zac, do you want to go to physical therapy?" and he nodded yes. Today was not a day that he was supposed to get therapy, but the therapist came in to his room and worked with him anyway. That is an example of the staff at that facility and how much they care about Zac. They are now going to stagger the therapies so that Zac gets therapy every day Mon-Fri.
    Zac is wanting to work so hard at getting better. He wants to do therapy every day. He understands that this will help him get better faster. He always lets me do therapy on him and I enjoy it. After I worked on his arms and legs tonight, he started moving in the bed. I asked him if he was hurting and he nodded yes. I started naming body parts, but wasn't having any luck. The sad part is I could see his mouth moving and he was trying to tell me, but I just couldn't make it out. I asked him if he would look at the letter board and he nodded yes. He looked at the letters B-L-A-D. I asked if it was his shoulder blades and he nodded no, I asked if it was his bladder and he nodded yes. I said "Zac, do you need to pee?" (sorry, but I did say it that way) and he nodded yes. I went and got the nurse and he helped Zac use a urinal and Zac did it!!! This means that Zac is realizing when he has to go to the bathroom.
    THIS IS HUGE!!!!!
    I can't even begin to give enough thanks to God! God is so good :)

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Excellent news! Way to go, Zac!

9. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

great news.

10. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

MAN! he is progressing fast! GO ZAC!

11. Garyb425

Garyb425 Well-Known Member

Great to hear.

12. Go Zac Go!!!! :up:

13. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

14. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

That indeed is great to hear. He has progressed sooo much!!!

Thoughts and prayers to you all.

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

its great to hear how zac is coming along, its so awsome to hear all the good news lately!

[​IMG]

16. James_56

James_56 Well-Known Member

Great news. I've never met Zac but have been saying prayers for him along with the others. I'm always amazed at what a little belief and human spirit can do!

James

17. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

It is so wonderful to share his progress with you. Let him know that Sean and Evelyne say "HI" and keep up the good work.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The Lord God is good and hears our prayers.

19. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

Such great news....thanks for keeping us informed. God Bless you, Zach.

20. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for continuing to share with us. This is so uplifting after all this time. God bless you and your son!